Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Website Guide For Ethanol Free Gas

Website Guide For Ethanol Free Gas 11 years 1 hour ago #84846

About a year ago, I started using ethanol free gas in all my outboard motors. As many of you know, the effects of ethanol on our outboards can be very bad (on both old and new) and the outboard manafacturers warn of its effects when you buy the new engines. I know that my Mercury Salesman warned me about it and with the purchase of the two (2) Mercurys I bought for our Glasspar Boats he gave me a Mercury Ethanol Test Kit to check the percentage of ethanol in the gas I buy. He said to stay away from ANY that was above 8%!

Well, thankfully our area FINALLY got ethanol free gas! Today I got an e-mail link from one of my friends in the AOMCI Group that shows where ETHANOL FREE gas is available in many states.

Here is the link for any of you that are interested:

www.pure-gas.org

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Website Guide For Ethanol Free Gas 11 years 51 minutes ago #84850

newfoundland...the only one in jersey. about 30 miles nw of me. might be worth going out of my way a bit. ron

Re:Website Guide For Ethanol Free Gas 10 years 11 months ago #84859

We are lucky here in Wisconsin with a lot of stations that sell Ethanol free premium gas. That is all I run in my Mercs and any small engines that might sit for a while between uses. I don't remember having any fuel related problems since. For the 40 cents a gallon extra, it is worth it. By the time you put in stabilizer and any other additives in the regular gas, you will probably have that much in it and still have the ethanol in it doing the damage.
Bill

Re:Website Guide For Ethanol Free Gas 10 years 11 months ago #84864

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
1960RedG-3 wrote:

Well, thankfully our area FINALLY got ethanol free gas!

That's awesome, makes life (boating anyway) much more worry free! Guess I'm lucky with three stations within 10 min. of the house that carry it. It's hard to measure gas "mileage" in a boat motor, but I get much more mowing time out of my ('05) riding mower with the Ethanol Free as well. (I had heard the mileage would drop with the 10% mix, I think they were right.) I sure don't want to start a political debate about it, so lets just say it's nice to have the option to use the good stuff if you want/need to. ;)

Mark

Re:Website Guide For Ethanol Free Gas 10 years 11 months ago #84868

Try this.
pure-gas.org/

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online