TOPIC: Title Trouble!

Title Trouble! 11 years 1 day ago #84784

• LF76
  • LF76's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Long Story, As Short As Possible.
I was Given a (1959) Glasspar G-3 without a Title. I have been searching endlessly no HIN! The boat has been altered in the pass at one time.
The boat was last Registered in Oklahoma in 1988. I do have the the issued boat numbers and the number on the registration sticker in 88.
It was purchased in 1993 By Nurt from Nundley Marine. I do have that Bill of Sale, only No numbers identifying the boat. The boat was stored and never titled in Texas. I got the boat from Nurt with a Bill of Sale and I still have his contact info.
(Names have been changed. Just in case some numb nut up too no good can do something with them.)

The boat needs complete restoration. She's not floatable two large keel cracks. If that make any difference.

Any info to help me get a title Or if you know someone in OK that can pull some strings. It will be Greatly Appreciated.

Here's a few before pics. Her name will be Lucky if titled:

A Hull is a terrible this to waste!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Title Trouble! 11 years 1 day ago #84785

• LF76
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Please help Lucky!
Attachments:

Re:Title Trouble! 11 years 1 day ago #84787

If that is under 16' register it in WI.
dnr.wi.gov/permits/registrationandtitling.html

Re:Title Trouble! 11 years 1 day ago #84788

You need to get the dept in OK to run the registration # to the last owner. If he/she is still alive then you get them to apply for a new title, and then sign it. I have paid as little as a 12 pack and as much as $100 for their time.

With that you can then take it (not the boat just the paper work) to a TP&W office and get it in you name with new TX #s

CAVU

Re:Title Trouble! 11 years 1 day ago #84789

I live in PA but reviewed the regulations in Texas

www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/boat/owner/buying_and_selling/index.phtml

There is a form for out of state purchase (504).

www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/boat/owner/buying_and_selling/index.phtml

Perhaps you can fill out the form as Used/never titled or registered. Being a pre 1973 boat it is likely that there was never a HIN number. Enter pre 1973 where they are looking for an etching. On the form they say "Should additional questions arise, your vessel/outboard motor may be subject to an inspection. I agree to make the vessel and/or outboard motor available for inspection by a Texas Game Warden during the processing of this application."

It worked for me in a similar situation in my state. My states version of the form with a bill of sale worked. The gave me a HIN and I had it engraved on a plate ad attached it to the boat... Talk to the game warden. Good Luck...

Re:Title Trouble! 11 years 1 day ago #84790

Also look at form AFFIDAVIT OF FACT (PWD 314).

Texas has a link to do a ownership query

apps.tpwd.state.tx.us/tora/jump.jsf

Re:Title Trouble! 11 years 1 day ago #84798

There will NOT be a US Coast Guard sanctioned 12 character hull ID/manufacturers identification code on a boat built prior to November 1972. So you don't have to worry about that and the state should be fully aware of that fact.

It's possible the builder of your boat did not use any hull ID on its boats. That was not uncommon.

Andreas

Re:Title Trouble! 11 years 1 day ago #84799

Randall:

Glad to see you posted here in the Main Forum on the issues with your G-3. I knew the members in this section would offer some
alternatives for you Sir.

Re:Title Trouble! 11 years 21 hours ago #84826

• LF76
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Guys! I'll work through the suggestions.
I did call OK Tax Commission the clerk said I must have a HIN to look up the old title. He said Oklahoma doesn't use the Issued Boat Number! It made no sense to me but that's what he said. I'll try calling OK TC office again and ask to speak to a manager tomorrow. I'll also write just in case. I will also ask about tracking down the last person who register the boat, it was in 1988 not much of a chance! The boats name will be Lucky!

Thanks for the glimmer of hope! It has renew my Git r Done Sprit!

Re:Title Trouble! 10 years 11 months ago #84861

• LF76
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Sat on hold for 30 minutes while at lunch today. Decided that OKTC was too busy to receive my money. So I looked in to Jim's suggestion of Wisconsin Registration. 10 minutes online and It's done, that easy! Wish it was warmer there! I HATE RED TAPE!

Thanks for all the suggestions Gentleman!
Lucky is now an Official FiberGlassic Project.

It's not happening soon, I have a 13YO daughter. She's my baby! That can't wait to hit the lake with her new wakeboard Santa is bring this year. I'm Putting the finishing touches on my Runabout project a 1976 Magnum 14.5' Tri-hull w/85hp Mercury on a 10" Pro Hi-Jacker
nothing fancy just as long as the old girl can run with the kids in Dad's 60,000.00 V-Drive. I'll sell her in a few years when Cass outgrows Daddy. Use the money on (G-3) Lucky thinkin Twin Merc 50s :woohoo: we'll see!

Re:Title Trouble! 10 years 11 months ago #84863

A thought! Could you title the boat as a home built?

Re:Title Trouble! 10 years 11 months ago #84865

LF76 wrote:

Sat on hold for 30 minutes while at lunch today. Decided that OKTC was too busy to receive my money. So I looked in to Jim's suggestion of Wisconsin Registration. 10 minutes online and It's done, that easy! Wish it was warmer there! I HATE RED TAPE!

Thanks for all the suggestions Gentleman!
Lucky is now an Official FiberGlassic Project.

It's not happening soon, I have a 13YO daughter. She's my baby! That can't wait to hit the lake with her new wakeboard Santa is bring this year. I'm Putting the finishing touches on my Runabout project a 1976 Magnum 14.5' Tri-hull w/85hp Mercury on a 10" Pro Hi-Jacker
nothing fancy just as long as the old girl can run with the kids in Dad's 60,000.00 V-Drive. I'll sell her in a few years when Cass outgrows Daddy. Use the money on (G-3) Lucky thinkin Twin Merc 50s :woohoo: we'll see!

Randall:

It is great to hear you finally got "Lucky" registered! I knew the FG Members here could help you out.

Re:Title Trouble! 10 years 11 months ago #84927

Good news!

Re:Title Trouble! 10 years 11 months ago #84953

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Yesserie, it's all about the money. Wisconsin registrations are not expensive either. Glad our great state came to your rescue.
Cal

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online