Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1968 glaspar citation

1968 glaspar citation 11 years 1 week ago #84321

Hi My name is Gary I have a 1968 Glaspar Citation 16' with the iron duke 4cyl. and OMC outdrive Its in decent shape but has a newer motor in it but not all hooked up. It not beeing the oridenall is it still worth fixing up ? Theres a slite soft spot in the floor just in front of the engine cover but transome and stringers seem ok. I put it on cragslist but I am having second thoughts Just hate to part it out. I would respect the advise from someone that knows these boats and there value. Thank You very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1968 glaspar citation 11 years 1 week ago #84330

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Gary, The 68 Citation is an excellent boat for the Berlin Resv or the portage lakes, even Erie. I would certainly think about fixing it up. They are fun in the water. You will find a lot of helpful hints from the gang on this site.
Welcome aboard
Al

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:1968 glaspar citation 11 years 1 week ago #84349

Gary:

Welcome to the website Sir!

I agree with Al that you should keep the 1968 Glasspar Citation and fix it up. Since the boat is a 1968, it should have the fiberglass stringers so if the floor is bad they are not as hard to fix as the earlier Citations that had wood stringers.

Al and I are in the East Coast Glasspar Owners Association along with another good friend of ours (Mike D.) and we are currently working on three (3) Glasspar Seafair Sedans that need floors and transoms. I will try to get some pictures up here for you of what the lower floors look like.

Re:1968 glaspar citation 11 years 1 week ago #84350

Gary:

Here is a photo of one of our Glasspar Seafair Sedans showing what the fiberglass stringers look like below the floor. To do this, you have to take a saw and cut the floor in between the stringers being very careful NOT to cut those fiberglass stringers. Then, it is a matter of sanding and feathering the edges and laying down new
plywood and then fiberglassing over that plywood.

You would have plenty of help here from all of us!
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online