Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone heard of "Fairmount" boats?

Anyone heard of "Fairmount" boats? 11 years 1 week ago #84306

This boat is listed on craigslist a few hours away from me. I like the looks of it, but I've never heard of "fairmount" and can't seem to find any info on them at all. He said it was his grandfathers boat and they don't really know anything about it except that the title says "fairmount". I may end up driving out there anyhow just to get a look at it, but I was hoping for a bit more background first. I'll take any leads you might have!

Here is the listing, for as long as it stays up: nmi.craigslist.org/boa/3963309971.html

And I attached a picture as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Justin
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Anyone heard of "Fairmount" boats? 11 years 1 week ago #84308

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
when you go take 1000.00 with and start out at 600.00, you may own it. sure is a nice looking cruiser. as for the name the only thing that comes to mind is a ford, lol best of luck. frog

Re:Anyone heard of "Fairmount" boats? 11 years 1 week ago #84315

Fairmount may be the model name, not the manufacturer's brand. Could also mean nothing at all! Titles are often incorrect for these old boats. Take a look over it and see if you like it. With that style, and an I/O, it is probably early 1960's to early 70's.

Re: Anyone heard of "Fairmount" boats? 11 years 1 week ago #84325

jmhalteman,

WELOCOME ABOARD.

To make a BETTER DEAL, take all the $$$$$$$ in 20-dollar bills & if you want it, then hand the seller 500.oo & say, "I can afford that much." and do NOT say another word.
My guess is that you will buy the boat, as I've seldom had a stack of twenties handed back to me.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Anyone heard of "Fairmount" boats? 11 years 1 week ago #84386

I once sold a beach catamaran for $6000 and the two guys that bought it came with a stack of $20 bills. They said they had been going to the ATM for about 3 weeks and were hoping their wives wouldn't notice it. I had my girlfriend (at the time), who was an accountant, count it. Yes, there were 300 $20 bills.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT