Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: TEXAS MAID serial numbers???

TEXAS MAID serial numbers??? 11 years 2 weeks ago #84091

Dear friends,

Does anyone have a serial number list, broken down by date of manufacture, for the 1950s-1960s TEXAS MAID boats?

I've found a 14ft aluminum runabout but am not at all sure which year/model name that it is, as there are several years of similar runabouts with fins.
(The TP&WD has it listed as a 1961 but I know of numerous hulls that are no where near what the title reads.)

THANKS.

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:TEXAS MAID serial numbers??? 11 years 2 weeks ago #84130

All of my Texas Maid boats have had a serial number plate on the inner face of the transom on the right side.
In answer to your question, the fins disappeared between the 1959 and 1960 year models. How some ever, when a boat was carried over from year to year, 59-60-61 it was titled as the year it was sold.
Clear as mud, right???
I have a late year 1965 Lone Star from Chrysler that has no Lone Star emblems or signs but is labeled as a Skipper on the short front bow section.

Re:TEXAS MAID serial numbers??? 11 years 2 weeks ago #84133

and when you factor in the people that ran to a salvage yard when their states started registration or titles and got script from cars or anything else that sounded good to "honest up" a twenty year old boat in case they were checked for paperwork at the lake the "mud" got a lot thicker....john

Re:TEXAS MAID serial numbers??? 11 years 2 weeks ago #84135

frogman,

The boat that I've found HAS a serial number plate (thus my hope that somebody here has a "by year" serial number list), is on a 1961 trailer and has a 1961 Gale 40HP OB, I'm wondering if it's a 1960 that was sold as a "new boat" in 1961?????

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:TEXAS MAID serial numbers??? 11 years 2 weeks ago #84137

I don`t know of a list anywhere of serial numbers for T/M boats. About the best thing you could do is take a poll of members that have T/M boats and know their model years. Then see where your serial number falls into the poll.
I wonder if TPW has a listing of T/M boats to see where your number fits the list.
Unless it is required for a title transfer, I would just wag the year from the T/M brochures by comparing the patterns of the paint jobs to yours.

Re:TEXAS MAID serial numbers??? 11 years 2 weeks ago #84153

frogman,

The hull that I've found was evidently stripped & repainted Fire Engine RED all over.- Unless a FD Search & Rescue unit bought it originally & ordered it RED, it was NOT that way from the factory.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle