Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Putting the old boat away tonight

Putting the old boat away tonight 11 years 3 weeks ago #83815

Not much of a summer for running my 51 year old boat with the 50 year old merc. Oh well. Gonna put the old muffs on it, start it up, then disconnect the gas line and let it run itself dry. Take the cowling off the motor (leaving it opens discourages rodents) and stick it in the pole barn. Then spend the winter hoping for a nice summer in 2014...

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Putting the old boat away tonight 11 years 3 weeks ago #83847

Oh BOOOOOO! Sorry I'm still going to milk it. I'm going on a cruise Thursday and be back 29 Sept but I plan on taking out the Clipper a couple of times yet. Hopefully with the restored " '62 80hp" ;)

Bob

Re:Putting the old boat away tonight 11 years 3 weeks ago #83851

Good for you Bob. Really, my life is just too busy right now, so I figured might as well do what I needed to do, and did it! This has not been a great boating year in general. Bottom line is it would not be hard to pull out of the barn if need be.

Eww, a 10 day cruise!!! Good for you man, enjoy it.

Frank

Re:Putting the old boat away tonight 11 years 3 weeks ago #83852

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I finished up with my Crestliner yesterday and hope to take the Aristocraft out maybe one more time soon.looking forward to next year. jim

Re:Putting the old boat away tonight 11 years 3 weeks ago #83855

Thanks Frank, actually 7 day, taking one day to drive to Florida, one day to golf, next drive to Cruise ship and one day to drive back from Florida. Looking forward to the time off.

Jim go get'em always time for one more! ;)

Bob

Re:Putting the old boat away tonight 11 years 3 weeks ago #83900

I may be done also. Carb problems with the Honda again. Limped back to the launch after fishing last week. Trolling motor was useless because my battery needs replaced and I was waiting for spring to do that. It does not keep charge long now. I cleaned the plugs and carb out. I had seafoam in the gas and two filters on the gas line. I need to finish my 35 hp Golden Jubilee this winter. I didn't even finish the Winner. It's close though. I opted to finish this truck for my boy. I breaks my heart he is going to drive it this winter. He does not wash under his vehicles. After all I put into it in work and he does not care for it properly. I told him this is the last one I'll do. The stuff you do for your kids. I did the cab last year and he hit a deer and scratched the side of the cab.
Attachments:

Re:Putting the old boat away tonight 11 years 3 weeks ago #83919

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Sooo a newer motor is not always the answer. Classic boat/classic motor that's the way to style.That 35 Golden when tuned up will be more reliable than a HONDA,which does not belong on any classic made in the USA boat IMHO...robert-lorigan wrote:

I may be done also. Carb problems with the Honda again. Limped back to the launch after fishing last week. Trolling motor was useless because my battery needs replaced and I was waiting for spring to do that. It does not keep charge long now. I cleaned the plugs and carb out. I had seafoam in the gas and two filters on the gas line. I need to finish my 35 hp Golden Jubilee this winter. I didn't even finish the Winner. It's close though. I opted to finish this truck for my boy. I breaks my heart he is going to drive it this winter. He does not wash under his vehicles. After all I put into it in work and he does not care for it properly. I told him this is the last one I'll do. The stuff you do for your kids.

I did the cab last year and he hit a deer and scratched the side of the cab.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Putting the old boat away tonight 11 years 3 weeks ago #83922

It's the gas. I like the motor and my boat is so far from original it would take a lot of work to bring back. I just use the MFG for fishing and the Honda just sips gas. I wish they would just take the alcohol out of it. They do not sell rebuild kits for it. You have to buy every gasket and part separately. That is the only reason I will never get another Honda. A new carb is around $130. I am getting rid of it. Funny thing is I bought it for reliability. And it was until they screwed up the gas. It's 2003 and I got it for half the price of a new one because the guy who bought it new found out he needed a bigger one.We have a lot of lakes here that 10 hp and under. The 8 worked well. original
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online