• Page:

TOPIC: full face respirator

full face respirator 11 years 1 month ago #83340

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Any recommendations on full face respirators? What type, where to buy, etc. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:full face respirator 11 years 1 month ago #83345

I never liked a full face. This is what I use and find it very comfortable. www.finehomebuilding.com/toolguide/product-finder/mine-safety-appliances-dustfoe-88-respirator.aspx
Well after looking I guess I'll have to buy a new one when my filters are gone. Seems it's been discontinued. Advantage Respirator is what they seem to recommend to replace it.

Re:full face respirator 11 years 1 month ago #83357

Todd,
I've been using the 3M 7800 series I think, the one that you can replace the filters, not the disposable one. If your going to use it for 2 part paints you'll ned to make sure it has the organic filters and they aren't good for very long. Lowe's and Home Depot carry them if I remember right. Cheapest way to go to start but not as cheap in the long run, when replacing the filters at about $20 a shot.

Bob

Re:full face respirator 11 years 3 weeks ago #83601

I had bought an expensive fresh air system. When it died in the middle of a job we connected a new shop vac. So you can build a fresh air system really cheap. I bought a full face mask used on ebay. Paints in an enclosed or not so breezy area is bad news. If using a basic mask if you can smell the paint it is not working. Also apparently your eyes absorb these poisons. I wish I would have been more careful years ago.

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:full face respirator 11 years 3 weeks ago #83605

paint reps have told me for years that the biggest hit of isocyanates is when you open the lid on unstirred paint....be sure you have your mask on and don't look into the can until it has a few seconds to breath...I also wish I would have been more carful years ago (40 years in a body shop) john

Re:full face respirator 11 years 3 weeks ago #83606

After years of suckin up stuff I finally spent the big bucks and invested in this set up.
www.tcpglobal.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=AXS+HB01

I was shooting gel-coat and decided to heed to the brain damage warning on the label. It is a great tool and my only regret is not buying it sooner.

I thought about trying to put something together but the drawback with shop vac is that the motor is cooled by the discharge air. I also heard that a large bilge pump can move enough air for a respirator.

Terry

Re:full face respirator 11 years 3 weeks ago #83608

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I was actually looking at this for protection for sanding/grinding. I don't have the space to do major spray painting.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:full face respirator 11 years 3 weeks ago #83610

WOW! never thought or heard of that. Thanks for posting!!redfishpirates wrote:

paint reps have told me for years that the biggest hit of isocyanates is when you open the lid on unstirred paint....be sure you have your mask on and don't look into the can until it has a few seconds to breath...I also wish I would have been more carful years ago (40 years in a body shop) john

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:full face respirator 11 years 3 weeks ago #83620

The beauty here for spraying is the hood which is pressurized by the mask. Now you don’t have to duck and hold your breath when you happen to be in the way of the overspray or when you’re down stream of where the exhaust is pulling it. You just keep your pattern. The hood has a replaceable lens held in place by Velcro.

HobbyAir is near where I live so when I went over there and I saw this stuff I was sold.

The gear is in place when I enter the booth and does not come off until the cans are sealed and the equipment has been cleaned.

Terry
Attachments:

Re:full face respirator 11 years 3 weeks ago #83621

I wear the closed googles with the respirator mask and still try to paint outside whenever possible. If i do it in the garage, I leave both doors open and a fan going to push the bad air out.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online