Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What year is my glasspar

What year is my glasspar 11 years 1 month ago #83253

Hello everyone. I’m a pride new owner of a 19 something Glasspar seafair sedan. It’s about 17’6” long. The top deck was originally green. No plate above the door to ID it. It does have a HIN# stamp on the trim on the transom that starts with AR. I am in Arkansas so I think this # was assigned back in the day before it was a requirement. I went to the DMV today and gave them the REG# on the side of the boat and it back as a 1972.Looking at others pics here and other web sites the only thing I have found is that the steering wheel looks like a 61 or 62. I know little about these boats and I could have missed something. I posted some pics in a (unknown year glasspar seafair sedan gallery) that my help id what I have. Any help wood be appreciated greatly!! If I need to take some more pics let me know what you need. Thanks Again!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What year is my glasspar 11 years 1 month ago #83254

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
HELLO G,: CONGRATS. I am in CHattanooga Tenn, have owned two Sedans.
By the Lower waterline SPRAY Rails (Wood) I would say you have the traditional 60-67 SEDAN. The 1972 date may match when that state went to computer TITLE status. ?
I dont know where you posted other pictures ?? Would like to see
if you supply more info. Inside cabin plastic headliner may be a clue to your year .?? Some of the blue / green color was known
as TEAL.. I believe Vern Turner Tampa ,Fla had a green sedan
at one time.. Think it was sold to a member around Atlanta ,Ga.?
What kind of motor do you have. ?

Re:What year is my glasspar 11 years 1 month ago #83255

Go to the gallery at this web site, it's the last one at the bottom of the page. It has a 1976 Johnson 115hp. it was last Registered in 09. I feed it a little gas and a lot of oil and it fired right up. I'm sure it needs a impeller.i will get some pics of the hearliner and past them.
Thanks

Re:What year is my glasspar 11 years 1 month ago #83263

gfinch1050; All,

WELCOME ABOARD. - I think that you sedan is a 1962.

To ALL: FYI, when the various states started (STUPIDLY, imVho!) titling "old, used boats", many clerks asked the owner something like, "What year is the boat?" & the owner said, "I don't know. I bought it maybe in 1976.", so the clerk put 1976 on the title. = As a result, there are likely more "mis-titled" old boats out there than there are correctly dated ones.
(Trust me, "titling older boats" was "about the bucks" and NOTHING beyond that.)

Fwiw, I'm trying to get the Texas Legislature to STOP titling boats over 25 years old by REPEALING the WORTHLESS & STUPID law and/or allow currently UNTITLED boats to be registered here with a notarized bill of sale OR by making a sworn statement that you have owned the boat for 10 years or longer.
In my case, I have a "late forties or early fifties" aluminum boat that has been "in the family" at least a HALF-CENTURY and that I would like to restore.
I have NO idea from whom and/or where my late uncle acquired it.
(It's been stored in our "hay barn" most of the time, since I was a child at least.)

After a long conversation with the TP&WD "boat registration office", I can get a title for about 200.oo & a LOT of hours of my time "getting notarized statements" from family & friends, which is MORE than the boat is currently worth.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:What year is my glasspar 11 years 1 month ago #83265

ha Split...Cant seem to upload pics of headliner. You can see them at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:What year is my glasspar 11 years 1 month ago #83276

• DaveM
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
You might try www.classicglasspars.com , a good site dedicated to Glasspar boats.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online