Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1962 seafair sedan

1962 seafair sedan 11 years 1 month ago #83176

My brother liked my glasspar seafair sedan so much that when I found another one on craigslist, he had to have it. So a 1 1/2hour driving a trailer with no lights, dry rot tires, and no bearing grease cap on one side, we made it home. Its your typical project boat that needs a new transom, floor, probable stringers, upholstery, refinish all the mahogany, and kill a few hundred hornets. The guy my brother bought the boat from said the boat actually came all the way from Florida about 20 years ago.
There must have been some damage done to the bottom of the hull and then repaired at one time. I'm not overly impressed with the repair.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1962 seafair sedan 11 years 1 month ago #83184

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Impressive find, It appears from the pictures that all the trim pieces that are hard to find are still with the boat. Including the foot rest mounts. It will be a good project. The Mahogany gunwales and bulkheads appear excellent. The side pockets are on the boat all in all a great find. You are right about the repair, it may be good and just need cosmetic touch up but I am sure you have already planned to check it out.

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:1962 seafair sedan 11 years 1 month ago #83193

Jetflite,....that is a nice looking Seafair Sedan Sir! Your Brother should have a good boat there after you get everything fixed.

Re:1962 seafair sedan 11 years 1 month ago #83203

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
CONGRATS, We had a 62 Light Blue Sedan also. Went across South carolina to get from E-bay buy. The 62 & above outboard SEDAN's have fiberglass STRINGERS under the floor. You may just need plywood
floor section. Do you have the small brass tag Serial over door.?
So that its not a 61 or 60,? . I try to keep a extra axle cap
for road trip rescue.. ALso I've seen the bottom cut off of a plastic 16 oz soda bottle & DUCT Tape to keep grease in hub.
Glasspar used that Light Blue color by the Train load in early 60's

Re:1962 seafair sedan 11 years 1 month ago #83205

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
CONGRATS, We had a 62 Light Blue Sedan also. Went across South carolina to get from E-bay buy. The 62 & above outboard SEDAN's have fiberglass STRINGERS under the floor. You may just need plywood
floor section. Do you have the small brass tag Serial over door.?
So that its not a 61 or 60,? . I try to keep a extra axle cap
for road trip rescue.. ALso I've seen the bottom cut off of a plastic 16 oz soda bottle & DUCT Tape to keep grease in hub.
Glasspar used that Light Blue color by the Train load in early 60's

Re:1962 seafair sedan 11 years 1 month ago #83220

The serial number says its a 1962 and it was 21 in the production line. I thought they didn't start using fiberglass stringers until 1965. If it does have fiberglass stringers, that will make my brother very happy indeed.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online