• Page:

TOPIC: A Rerun of Roy Rogers and Mac run of the Red River

A Rerun of Roy Rogers and Mac run of the Red River 11 years 1 month ago #83042

• TallTexan
  • TallTexan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
In the spring of 1956 Roy Rogers and Richard A Mcderby (founder of Yellow Jacket Bots) took 4 Yellow Jacket Boats down the Red river to New Orleans, starting at Denison TX. The trip took 9.5 days

There are a few groups that are going to repeat the Yellow Jacket Boats Red River Run again in the spring of 2016 with the “60th Anniversary of Roy Rogers and Yellow Jackets Boats Red River Run”; Denison to New Orleans with stops at Paris TX, Texarkana TX (2 nights the river bends around Texarkana), Shreveport LA, Natchitoches LA, Alexandra LA, Baton Rouge LA, and New Orleans

The Tejas Chapter of AOMCI Texas, will be one of the groups

The trip will be to bring awareness to the Hydrocephalus Clinical Research Network and raise some money for them.

The run will take 9 days and cover near 800 miles. As of right now I will have 3 Yellow Jacket built boats (and no the D U Class racer is not one of them) making the full run and will need crews for them. Any and all are welcome to join in at any point along the trip. Each boat will need a min of 3 persons as a crew; 2 in the boat and one in the chase vehicle. Crews can switch around at any stop we make. We hope to have a send off party Friday night April 8 2016 in Denison TX and a landing party in New Orleans on Saturdays April 16 2016

We will be casting off from near where the Red River and I 75 crossing is at 8:30 AM (After a bit of fanfare) Sat April 9th.

I am contacting the Chambers of Commences for all the towns along the trip.

Anyone that is interested or know someone that is please have them contact me (Allan Carter at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)

Anyone that can help in any way Please contact me
AND if you know anyone that can help sponsor or someone with a media please let me know.
If you have Ideals please let me know

A bit over 2 years seems like a long time, however time will fly

Thanks
Allan Carter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CAVU

Re: A Rerun of Roy Rogers and Mac run of the Red River 11 years 1 month ago #83058

TallTexan,

Count me IN.

CALL ME. - I may have several ideas for sponsors, but I'd sooner not put them on the forum.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: A Rerun of Roy Rogers and Mac run of the Red River 11 years 1 month ago #83119

I have lived in Texas since 1962 and never realized the
Red River flows east to Baton Rouge and joins the Mississippi.
Is it fully navigable the whole way? Very interested in this
venture.

Danny Leger

Re: A Rerun of Roy Rogers and Mac run of the Red River 11 years 1 month ago #83123

• TallTexan
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Danny
From Shreveport LA to Old River (where the red was made to join the Mississippi)it is now the Red River Waterway , They straighten out the river and installed locks.

Fro Denison to Shreveport at times (middle this summer was one of the times)it is bump and drag where a stream joins in from the sand washes down. That is why the trip was first ran in the spring and why we are going to do the same...in hope of spring rains

We would love for you to join

Thanks
Allan

CAVU

Re: A Rerun of Roy Rogers and Mac run of the Red River 11 years 3 weeks ago #83678

• TallTexan
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
David K is chipping away at building a new website.What he has so far.

www.yellowjacketboats.com/

CAVU

Re: A Rerun of Roy Rogers and Mac run of the Red River 11 years 3 weeks ago #83679

• TallTexan
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
And here are some photos of one of my boats that will be used to make the trip

We are and will be needing more crews and boats...2 years is not that far away :)

CAVU

Re: A Rerun of Roy Rogers and Mac run of the Red River 10 years 11 months ago #84882

Allan:
Will you be at the AOMCI meet in Kingsland on the 19th?
I plan to drop in and would like to talk about this
Red River run. I spoke to our Power Cat group at our
Rendezvous, and several members showed interest.

Danny Leger

Re:A Rerun of Roy Rogers and Mac run of the Red River 10 years 11 months ago #84933

I'm in.... I may have to join up at the Shreveport or Texarkana location tho.

I'm guessing a Yellow Jacket boat is not required? I'll either be bringing my '58 Lonestar Malibu, or my '58 Razorback Ski Jet... possibly both..

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:A Rerun of Roy Rogers and Mac run of the Red River 10 years 11 months ago #84940

classicfins wrote:

I'm guessing a Yellow Jacket boat is not required? I'll either be bringing my '58 Lonestar Malibu, or my '58 Razorback Ski Jet... possibly both..

I have a 58 Razorback do you have pics sorry a little off topic but you are the first person I have found to have one

Re:A Rerun of Roy Rogers and Mac run of the Red River 10 years 11 months ago #84941

featherhead wrote:

classicfins wrote:

I have a 58 Razorback do you have pics sorry a little off topic but you are the first person I have found to have one

I'll shoot you a PM

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re: A Rerun of Roy Rogers and Mac run of the Red River 10 years 11 months ago #85540

Allan:
Well I just realized that your with the Tejas chapter
and not the Texas chapter. Sorry for my confusion..
Anyway still very interested in this event. We have
several of our Power Cat owners all along the Red River
route who we can enlist for support.
Danny Leger
Austin, Texas

powercat wrote:

Allan:
Will you be at the AOMCI meet in Kingsland on the 19th?
I plan to drop in and would like to talk about this
Red River run. I spoke to our Power Cat group at our
Rendezvous, and several members showed interest.

Danny Leger

Re: A Rerun of Roy Rogers and Mac run of the Red River 10 years 11 months ago #85547

powercat,

That's why I would prefer the name be LONE STAR CHAPTER.- Of course, nobody asked my opinion.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle