Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Glasstron Project

Glasstron Project 11 years 1 month ago #82903

Needing some help identifying model of a Glasstron my dad recently purchased and started cleaning up. What I have seen so far from classicglasstron.com is that it is probably a 1958. I think it is the fireflite model based on the bow molds and the coloring marks on the back inside rails where a sunpad type layout may have been. Bad part is the molds that attached the original front seats were cut out. I will add some pics of the cleanup so far. Any help or suggestions on where to start next would be appreciated. He is also on the verge of purchasing of a 1959 Herters Flying Fish/Mark III that I have posed on another thread. Going to look at that this weekend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Glasstron Project 11 years 1 month ago #82905

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Jaker41, You have a lot of good possibilities here as well. Have you looked at Kevin's Glasstron. Check out www.boatsinthebelfry.com web site. Lots of fins there Herters, Glastron, and many more. Some nice interior shots as well.

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:Glasstron Project 11 years 1 month ago #82925

I agree on the 58 Fireflite. The seats in the boat are not original. They had a bench type seat. Look in the thread for my 59 Seaflite under member projects and there is (I think) a pic of the back of the original front seat that came with mine. The big question I would have is the condition of the transom. If that needs to be replaced, you will have to take the deck off. Mine was OK in some spots and mush in others. Now it has a nice new one. Best of luck and look forward to seeing the progress.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT