• Page:

TOPIC: Gestiamated Value of a restored 1958 Reinell Sucia

Gestiamated Value of a restored 1958 Reinell Sucia 11 years 1 month ago #82893

• DLB68
  • DLB68's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Transom and rear ( exterior )floor needs to be replaced ,The floor stringers are fiberglass and very solid. The Windshield on the very top is missing. The indoor plumbing is all intact and cabin windows seam to be in good condition. It looks like this , but the colors are different... So any ball park guesses on a restored value ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keeping History Alive , is all we can hope for.We take only the memories when we leave,The wake of waves lives on.

Re:Gestiamated Value of a restored 1958 Reinell Sucia 11 years 1 month ago #82961

This model Reinell was made of wood - Cedar planked, in fact. Are you sure you have a Reinell? Unfortunately, old boat values of this type are very inconsistent. Rarely, if ever, is a restored boat worth the money that has been invested into the process. Of the boats that have high resale value, most are little fiberglass tail fin boats, or large mahogany and teak runabouts. The quality and correctness of the restoration plays a major role in what someone will pay for a vintage boat. You may want to go to the Pacific Northwest boat club and ask this question -

Re:Gestiamated Value of a restored 1958 Reinell Sucia 11 years 1 month ago #82967

• DLB68
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
yep
I can't find the pictures of the cedar planked floor , but it is all gone except for split pieces, It almost looks like the cedar was removed by hand, the floor supports ( stringers ) are solid as can be ! And the transom is broke from being hit by a tractor . Nothing that can't be repaired .. Ha ! It'll Buff Out !
Attachments:

Keeping History Alive , is all we can hope for.We take only the memories when we leave,The wake of waves lives on.

Re:Gestiamated Value of a restored 1958 Reinell Sucia 11 years 1 month ago #82969

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I have no idea what the value of the boat might be but I can peg a value on the toilet...$100. Of course, it's illegal to use or at least to use as was intended but I'm willing to buy it from you for $100...which would go a log way toward a new porta-potty. Email if interested: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:Gestiamated Value of a restored 1958 Reinell Sucia 11 years 1 month ago #82984

The boat you have photographed is not a 58 - it's later and made of fiberglass. The 58 was made entirely of wood. That being said - the one in your photos is a nice looking boat, and being of fiberglass makes it better for practical reasons. If restored, it would be a beauty. Is this a "freebie" or is it a for sale boat?

Re:Gestiamated Value of a restored 1958 Reinell Sucia 11 years 1 month ago #82997

• DLB68
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Almost all of the boats i deal with are free or almost free , minus the travel expenses .Due to the gentleman's passing ,his wife just wants the whole lot of boats gone. I have not found any ID plates on the Reinell, to verify any date of manufacture,So 58 is a guess. But it's the closest year i can come to with photo research ... I may do some calling to local authorities and have the 1994 registration numbers ran .. That would give the best info ,,, i guess ?

Re:Gestiamated Value of a restored 1958 Reinell Sucia 11 years 1 month ago #82999

• billr
It's almost certainly a Royale 20, www.fiberglassics.com/wiki/images/0/0a/Reinellb59003.jpg

I have seen only a few of these surface over the years.
I know someone up here in Seattle Tacoma area that has owned and restored several glassics, and has owned one of these. It was in nice original and useable condition. I can't recall exact figures but it didn't bring a lot of money, definitely under 4k for boat/motor/trailer.

Re:Gestiamated Value of a restored 1958 Reinell Sucia 11 years 1 month ago #83003

• DLB68
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
HOLY COW ! Great info . Great post Billr . Definately a copy / paste moment .... !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online