• Page:

TOPIC: Need help from the Lake n Sea guys

Need help from the Lake n Sea guys 11 years 1 month ago #81846

• STN19
  • STN19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I have what appears to be an early parsons biscaynne model of a lake n sea, just loooking for some info on how the deck is attached to the hull im about to separate mine but somebody at some point had done a mickey mouse reapir job and filled in the rub rail area with what appears to be drywall puddy so im a little cautious about just tearing it all open and doing more damage than good. any close up pictures of the rub rail area would be much appreciated thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Need help from the Lake n Sea guys 11 years 1 month ago #81874

My boat is a 1959 Lake "N" Sea Arrowhead and I would guess is constructed the same as yours. I have what I call a flange joint. the top has a 5/8" flange and the bottom has the same flange. The top flange lies on the bottom on the bottom flange and they were stapled together. Then that joint was covered with the aluminum rub rail. (The last photo is the cross section of the rub rail.)

Greg Anderson
Wisconsin

Re:Need help from the Lake n Sea guys 11 years 1 month ago #81881

STN.. might not be spackle! haha.. mine had original factory grey 'putty' between the two hat channel pieces as described above. A good hack saw blade and putty knife got mine apart! FYI!!! once you remove the rubrail, and see the hat channel, the flange on mine was stapled together, every 6 inches or so, from the factory...takes a little bit to get thru these rusty staples!
Attachments:

Re:Need help from the Lake n Sea guys 11 years 1 month ago #81985

• STN19
  • STN19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
thanks for the pictures guys, it appears that I have a different setup than yours, my rail is fastened horizontally where as yours seems to pinch the 2 together and the fasteners go vertically. here are some pictures I've taken of my boat

I'm wondering if the hull follows the same shap as the deck making the two meet in the c channel that is formed

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online