TOPIC: Promoting Our Boating Community

Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81709

• StevieB
  • StevieB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
And Who Said Car Shows Can't be Fun!

I recently took one of our boats to a local car show, did it ever bring out the discussions centered around boats. I also passed along this website, hoping to generate a few new members. I am also planning on taking this combination to the "Back to the Bricks" Car Show" a week from today.

Here is the website for the Car Show:

www.backtothebricks.org/

Hope to see you there,
StevieB

PS- and yes I still need the "Alloy" Trailer Fender Decals!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81714

wish there was someone near me that would crash car shows with our boats. don't want to do it alone. there are cruise nights every week in north jersey at various locations. ron

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81753

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
The Chevy stepside looks great pulling your boat.I've also had some fun taking my Aristocraft to a couple shows behind my 65 Ford pickup.

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81759

vuyosevich,

Once I get my 1986 M-B 300SDL restored, I'm planning to pull one of "our boats" to the local car shows.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81764

Hey Ron, I've got the boat for it but I don't have the car/truck for it. Don't think they'd let me in without the car/truck with it would they? I forget how far from Tall Timbers MD are you?

Bob

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81769

We have a show in La Conner Washington that has both boats and cars. The show was today, and we had 117 cars, a full dock of boats in the water, and 24 trailer boats both wood and fiberglass. Fiberglass boats were the majority of the trailer boat with the Skagit brand having the most of one brand. It really gives spectators a variety of things to see and goes real well with the public. Clint

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81776

I brought a 1950s boat to a classic auto event recently, pulled behind a modern truck. I was going to unhook the boat/trailer and move the truck. The car folks not so politely told me to leave. So I did. There were some autos there that couldn't have been more than 15 years old.

Andreas in Minnesota

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81778

Andreas, that's exactly what I'm worried about. I'd hate to have driven several hours only to find out I wasn't welcome, not cool. I guess it always pays to check first but you would think classic boats and cars/trucks would be a natural combination. I guess not.

Bob

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81779

285 miles bob....Waterwings wrote:

Hey Ron, I've got the boat for it but I don't have the car/truck for it. Don't think they'd let me in without the car/truck with it would they? I forget how far from Tall Timbers MD are you?

Bob

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81793

Nice combo and pic. I was thinking of doing this very same thing next year. I have a 1966 Dodge Dart 270 with the 225 slant six, and my newly acquired 1959 Cutter Jet Deville with the 1972 Merc 650. I figured if my 4cyl Ranger can handle towing the boat, then it should be a piece of cake for the Dart. I just need to fabricate a hitch and boost up the rear suspension a bit so the ride height is level.

Paul

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81794

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Went to a classic car show around the corner,close to 900 cars and 1/3 maybe were 1995 and newer.These people that bring them need some help,who wants to look at a 96-2014 vette/mustang/camaro etc ? They are a dime a dozen and in my opinion should of been turned away at the gate,but the promoters are after numbers.Anything that was unique drew the crowds and I believe classic boats would of fit into that category as well.There are classic shows at every corner these days and you would think these clowns would welcome something a bit different,like boats,tractors,airplanes,bikes,milk trucks,anything but 2007 Corvettes to draw some more participants. They[promoters] are the losers,period..............

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81801

Thanks Ron, that's about 4 hours if I average 65mph. Hard to do for a one day event there and back. Could do an overnight I suppose, have to fond a dog sitter though, no room to bring her with a regular cab truck. She's too big to sit between Kim and I! ;)

Bob

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81811

Where are all the pics guys? I'd like to see some car/boat combinations! If there's enough agreement, We'll make a new post: Just Awesome Car/Boat Pics...

Hello, World!!

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81823

I say, "CRASH THE PARTY and BE LOUD". But that is me. I hate being told what to do.
Attachments:

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81831

• DaveK
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Near me is a show called a Wheels and Keels event. My outboard rig, doesn't seem to be well accepted by the mahogany inboard group. But with this show, is also a car event. So I went to their side of the show and was very well received and have been asked to come back many time and again.It seems as if there are definitely car people and boat people and this seemed to keep both groups entertained. Looking forward to getting the Gator trailer finished so the whole rig is more period right.
Attachments:

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81832

• DaveK
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
kensikora , I agree! Of course also an old motorcycle fan and of course this is a boat site. I would also love to see old motorcycles in tow on trailers behind the old cars. Not to take this off of subject though.

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81838

Bob, did you ever think of attending the Tuckerton Seaport acbs show in south jersey? Thats even an hour closer. Waterwings wrote:

Thanks Ron, that's about 4 hours if I average 65mph. Hard to do for a one day event there and back. Could do an overnight I suppose, have to fond a dog sitter though, no room to bring her with a regular cab truck. She's too big to sit between Kim and I! ;)

Bob

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81842

Our La Conner show which was held on the 10 of August is a combination of cars, trailer boats, and boats in the water. Not a big show in comparison to many, but unique in its own way. The cars and boats get along very well together. The trailer boats choose to not be judged as most of the boats are used and we are just trying to promote the old boat hobby. A boat fresh out of the blackberries is welcome. The only trophy for trailer boats is a peoples choice award. It is a good time to get together and talk of our hobby and sometimes we get leads about other boats. The car people enjoy the boats. Clint
Attachments:

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81866

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
So far... No one has told me to leave a car show with my boat. That don't mean it won't happen. Anyway Ken, here's a pic.

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81877

• DaveK
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Nice!

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #81892

Ron wrote "Bob, did you ever think of attending the Tuckerton Seaport acbs show in south jersey? Thats even an hour closer."

I have to be honest in that I haven't kept track of shows in as far as putting my boat in one. I guess I'm too self conscious to brush marks in the varnish and the old bottom paint that Grandpa put on that I haven't taken off or repainted. I just figured it wasn't show worthy due to it being more of a regular user boat.

Bob

Re:Promoting Our Boating Community 11 years 1 month ago #82243

Ok, guys, I'm starting a new thread that is Just Awesome Car/Boat Pics and will make it a sticky so it stays at the top.

Please post those awesome pics! Let's get this started.

Hello, World!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle