Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: TEE NEE FENDERS

TEE NEE FENDERS 11 years 2 months ago #81589

I've been trying to get my Wizard ready to sell for two years, But no one works top my satisfaction. Its been repainted twice. Now I started on the trailer. The powder coater gave me a sample book and we spent a good half hour selecting a color near the color of my Wizard - Metallic Corvette Sunset Orange. When I went to pick it up it was nonmetallic Caltrans Orange. They asked, "You're not happy with it?"

They did it over and the next time it was red - not Metallic Corvette Sunset Orange.It was close enough. So the powder coater in Ukiah CA can do any color you want, if you want black or white.

I bought my own paint for the fenders and they got that right the first time.
I then, on my computer, trace out the Teenee logo and had two emblems water cut out of brushed aluminum. I adhered them with JB Weld Marine glue.

The man who used my $60 worth of stainless nuts, bolts and washers ground the ends of the bolts off to make it look nice. In the process he ground the nylon off the Nyloc Nuts and they were falling out by the time I got home. I had to have all new bolts and nuts put in.

I hate mechanics that aren't mechanics and powder coaters that aren't powder coaters.

Aside from spending twice what I wanted, it's looking good. I'll post up more photos in a few days.

First the trailer when I bought it...

Question, should I also rivet the emblems to the fenders? I did not scuff the painted surface.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:TEE NEE FENDERS 11 years 1 month ago #81681

If you want something done right, do it yourself. At least you'll know exactly whom to blame if you don't like it!
Attachments:

Blest boater

Re:TEE NEE FENDERS 11 years 1 month ago #81687

Being a former aircraft mechanic I have the knowledge but, I'm a quadriplegic. I need to hire it all done.

Re:TEE NEE FENDERS 11 years 1 month ago #81688

Yes, I would rivet them: then you won't loose them on the highway.

Ken

Hello, World!!

Re: TEE NEE FENDERS 11 years 1 month ago #81698

greg Cornish,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:TEE NEE FENDERS 11 years 1 month ago #81706

Greg

I have that same trailer almost complete with my build. Do you have more picks of the before and after would like to talk to you about your build send over some contact info. Travis
Attachments:

www.liquidassetsonline.org , 63\'PowerCat14-C w/twin64\'650\'s,14\'Glen-L Zip w/Mark58E,58\'TeeNee,
Mark55AE,Mark55E,PairMark58E\\\'s,Mark58AE,Mark78AEL, 6-7RBM\'s.Keep EM\' Alive! Always looking to add to collection.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online