Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 19?? Wizard Winner ?? - Need to ID year and model?

19?? Wizard Winner ?? - Need to ID year and model? 11 years 2 months ago #81549

Just recently bought this Wizard Winner but have not been able to verify the year that is was made or the model. What I have seen or read so far makes me believe that it is a 1960 Marlin Cruiser?

The WW is approx. 16' long, it has many of the same options as described for a 1960 model (Upholstered bunks, front windshield, flying bridge windshield, storage for two 12 gal gas tanks, etc.). The steering wheel and gauge panel are on the port side of the boat and there is a Marlin emblem fastened to the panel on the starboard side of the boat. There is an ID plate from the manufacturer (Wizard Boats, Inc.) with a boat number but having trouble finding any info to cross reference the boat number?

Looking to verify the year and model so I can begin to look for the correct info./parts/equipment to begin restoring it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 19?? Wizard Winner ?? - Need to ID year and model? 11 years 2 months ago #81551

WizardWM,

WELCOME ABOARD.

PHOTOS?

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: 19?? Wizard Winner ?? - Need to ID year and model? 11 years 2 months ago #81553

Welcome aboard, Pics will help, try reducing the size of them.

Re:19?? Wizard Winner ?? - Need to ID year and model? 11 years 2 months ago #81565

Welcome aboard!

Not to be a smart alec, but since there is a tag that indicates it was built by Wizard Boats, Inc. and an emblem that says Marlin, I think you have a "Wizard Marlin".

1960 was the only year they used BOTH the Wizard and Winner names.

There is no decipher code for a serial number or hull ID.

There is plenty of information on Wizard and Winner in the Glassic Library here at this site.

Andreas

Re: 19?? Wizard Winner ?? - Need to ID year and model? 11 years 2 months ago #81620

Thanks for the welcome aboards and the information. The site and the Glassic Library was one of the first places my search to ID the boat took me. The pictures of the 1960 models, the boat model data sheet for 1959-1962 models, and the Marlin emblem on the dashboard was why I thought it was a Wizard Winner Marlin Cruiser.

Guess I should have read closer to see that 1960 was the only year that they used both names "Wizard Winner"! Only (2) Marlin cruiser models listed for that year "Marlin Cruiser" and "Marlin Cruisette".

Thanks again for the help.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online