Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1968 dorsett belmont with 65 mercury baby blue .

1968 dorsett belmont with 65 mercury baby blue . 11 years 2 months ago #81504

Does anyone no the value on the boat. Looking for info before I purchase. Thanks Mike
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1968 dorsett belmont with 65 mercury baby blue . 11 years 2 months ago #81510

mshirley,

WELCOME ABOARD.

Without photos and much better information, you query is impossible to answer intelligently.
(Truthfully, MOST boats of that era are worth whatever 2 people settle on as a fair price.)

For example, I've recently bought a 1959 Larson on a serviceable trailer with a 75HP OMC for 300.oo
and
a 1957 (14 foot) Lone Star aluminum "open fisherman" on a trailer (NO OB motor) for 100.oo cash.

NOTE: Numerous members of this forum have received restorable rigs for FREE.
(It's the restoration that is costly in parts, materials & labor.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: 1968 dorsett belmont with 65 mercury baby blue . 11 years 2 months ago #81541

I added pictures. thanks mike

Re: 1968 dorsett belmont with 65 mercury baby blue . 11 years 2 months ago #81550

mshirley,

PURTY, too!

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: 1968 dorsett belmont with 65 mercury baby blue . 11 years 2 months ago #81554

I love blue, Looks wonderful.

Re:1968 dorsett belmont with 65 mercury baby blue . 11 years 2 months ago #81562

While it is true that many have found boat projects for free, or nearly so, you can expect to end up with over $1500 after restoration. So, even if you started at FREE, if the boat is as good as the photos show, and I agree much more detailed photos might show a different story, then the boat does not need restoration and, in my opinion, is worth between $1500 and $2K. I'm basing all that on my recent restoration of a 1962 Sabre Craft (very similar boat). www.fiberglassics.com/gallery/category/371-1962-sabre-craft-pacer-15.html

I'm sure I have ended up with $2K in the project though I only paid $525 for the boat. It was a pretty solid boat that did not need a transom rebuild (almost all do) and I was able to just wheel-out the hull.

Some will say my numbers are high, but remember you need to get a boat, motor, and trailer in good reliable operating condition. They will all get in your wallet.

My 2 cents,
Bill

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online