Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13)

Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 2 months ago #81430

The AOMCI is hosting a "wet" classic boating event at Philpott Lake,
Virginia on Saturday September 7, 2013 from 9:00 A.M.-4:00 P.M.
This is a beautiful 3,000 acre lake with very nice ramps and facilities.

My Wife and I are planning on attending this event with one or both of our Glasspar Boats. I am wondering if we can get a good group from here to join us there? Mike and Linda, Al, Jim and Dee, Mark S., Ken, Jeff,
Denny, Bob, Chris B. can any of you make this??? Thanks!

Here is a link to info on the lake and area:

www.google.com/search?q=philpott+lake+va&rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS369US369&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=yff_UdaYHsmMygH50YEw&ved=0CEUQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=629

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 2 months ago #81431

Here is a link from the AOMCI Website for more information:

www.aomci.org/events

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 2 months ago #81496

Hmmm, I'll have to check the schedule, I think the Admiral has something planned for that weekend, but not sure.

Bob

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 2 months ago #81516

Waterwings wrote:

Hmmm, I'll have to check the schedule, I think the Admiral has something planned for that weekend, but not sure.

Bob

Thanks for your reply Bob! It would be great to see you there.

I hope some of the other FG Members can make it. It looks like a real nice
lake are area. Hopefully, the weather will be good that day.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 2 months ago #81543

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I hope to be physically and financially in a better position to make a trip up into your neck of the woods next year John, not looking too promising this year though! Thinking positive thoughts, hoping you guys have a great turn out though. ;)

Mark

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 2 months ago #81597

1) I need to sit on the fence of MAYBE for a short time.

2) How "open" is the event? May I mention it to fellow boaters of classic wood and fiberglass boats? Maybe an inboard or two as well as outboard powered boats?

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 2 months ago #81599

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Any pre-1970's Glassic, lumie, or woodie with outboard power is more than welcome at many AOMCI events. I've seen some beautiful fins displayed next to restored wood racers at a couple meets I have attended. Never seen inboards, but don't think they would be run off the lake if they are vintage or unique. Many of us members would never own an inboard, but still appreciate the bringing back to life of a vintage watercraft.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 2 months ago #81603

MarkS wrote:

I hope to be physically and financially in a better position to make a trip up into your neck of the woods next year John, not looking too promising this year though! Thinking positive thoughts, hoping you guys have a great turn out though. ;)

Mark:

Thanks for your reply Sir!

I was hoping to see that nice Glastron of yours but understand that next year would work better for you.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 2 months ago #81604

seabuddy wrote:

1) I need to sit on the fence of MAYBE for a short time.

2) How "open" is the event? May I mention it to fellow boaters of classic wood and fiberglass boats? Maybe an inboard or two as well as outboard powered boats?

Chris:

I originally got notice of this event from Jeffery Martinson, the
man you and I met at the Falls Lake, N.C. event who is very active in the "Raleigh/Durham Classic Boat Club." I asked him some questions about the event and he referred me to Mr. Scott Bogue who is helping organize the Philpott Lake Event. As soon as I get a few more details on it I will let you guys know. One question I did ask was do we need to be AOMCI Members to attend? I was also wondering which of our Glasspar Boats (the G-3 or Seafair) would be the best boat to bring to Philpott Lake since I have never been there before.

Kerry,...thanks so much for your input Sir!

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 2 months ago #81623

I would hope a member could bring a "guest" to an event with the idea that the guest is considering joining.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 2 months ago #81632

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Membership is not required, but anyone with an outboard interest could consider checking out the website and keep an open mind about joining. Lots of info, and others who share a love of vintage motors and the boats they run on. I noticed a lot of AOMCI'ers here, so a common interest is there. And it costs nothing to check it out. Go, talk to people, have fun.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 2 months ago #81649

To add to what Kerry has already posted, I received a follow-up
e-mail from Mr. Scott Bogue, one of the AOMCI organizers of this event.

Scott said that there is no "club fee" per say, but that the Corps of Engineers charges their club $50.00 for the shelter so they are asking for $5.00 from each member or couple to cover this fee. Scott also said they are providing lunch for everyone
which was donated by one of their members.

This sounds like a great event for everyone and we are looking forward to it. My thanks to Jeffrey Martinson of the "RDC Classic Boat Club" for the referral of my questions to Scott and also to Scott Bogue for all the info in the e-mail!

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 2 months ago #81652

Sounds like fun.

I am still on the fence about attending, sorry, as I have a conflict event.

I hear that it is a club centered around classic outboards and that $5 charge covers the lake facilities rental.

No worries.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #82117

Any updates? more links to the event?

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #82132

seabuddy wrote:

Any updates? more links to the event?

Chris:

I don't have any updates for you other than to say Sharon and I will
be attending this event, probably with the G-3. Out of our ECGOA Group, Mike and Linda may be there along with Ronnie and Barb. Ronnie should have his 1960 G-3 finished by then. Can you post the event on your website??

Thanks.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #82311

Get what we know in one post so I do not have to hunt for it and yes, I can. I also know a guy on the Old Bay Chapter of the Outboard club and want he to be aware and want to see what he can do.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #82365

I want to spread the word.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #82414

can we get all the facts in one post?

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #82520

I can not get driving directions on mapquest to see how far this is.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #82522

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Chris I don't know if this helps. I have been out of town and I know John is out of town as well. He and Sharon are going. Sandy and I will have to miss this one as something work related has come up.

Philpott Lake Va. Twin Ridge park Site #7 Site is approximately one hour drive south of Roanoke ,Va. From US Rt 220 North of Martinsville ,Va. proceed west on SR#605(Henry Rd.)to SR#798(Knob Church Rd.), Turn left and proceed to SR#624(Twin Ridge Marina Rd.), turn left and proceed to Site #7. GPS : 670 Twin Ridge Marina Rd. Henry, Va. 24102
Bob Pennoyer
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
540+719-1672
Bill Goold
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
540+296-0501

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #82525

Thanks, It is what I needed. I must be getting old. Five and a half hour drive for me.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #82602

So, who is going?

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #82626

who is on the fence?

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #82670

Well unfortunately it looks like we won't make it. The Admiral made plans. I hate when she does that!

Bob

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #82708

Thanks for the response.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #82918

seabuddy wrote:

So, who is going?

Chris:

Sharon and I are definitely attending this event. I have been out of town as Al said so I don't know if any other members from our group will be there or not. I will do some checking over the
weekend.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 1 month ago #83167

I can not go. My wife wants to meet some of our NJ friends that weekend.

Re:Upcoming AOMCI Event @ Philpott Lake, Va. (9/7/13) 11 years 3 weeks ago #83531

Any photos of the event?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online