Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hydrodyne windshield

Hydrodyne windshield 11 years 2 months ago #81364

I made a fiberglass mold of my cracked windshield and had a drape mold made. I polished up the aluminum frame and it is ready to install. However, I have a dilemma. This frame was originally held down with small bolts with half circle heads that secured the rubber gasket onto the deck. I assume that originally, the wind shield was completely assembled inside the frame and that it was just snapped into place over the pre-installed rubber gasket. So, I think I can mount the lower part of the frame first to the deck using tapered bolts, by drilling holes through the inside of the frame channel down through the rubber gasket through the deck , and then placing the bolts through it and using nuts underneath. Then I can fit the windshield into place.

The other dilemma is this: the original windshield had holes drilled through the perimeter that allowed it to be secured with screws through the frame. This unfortunately is how the windshield cracked. Most all of the screw holes cracked downward or upward. So I want to avoid this from happening again. I'm thinking I could glue the rubber gaskets onto the windshield and then glue the gaskets into the frame. The inside of the frames are ribbed. Anyone have any ideas if this would work and what glue to use? Also, the ends of the frame are held together and secured to the deck with a metal brace which would keep the windshield from bouncing off of the deck.

Well, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dreams do become reality!

Re:Hydrodyne windshield 11 years 2 months ago #81365

Sounds like a good plan. As far as gluing, I would use 5200, it won't go any where after that! Use 4200 if you think you'll want to remove it again at some point. You can remove the 5200 but it will take a razor knife. Just my 2 cents worth I'm sure there's other ideas from folks. I don't have a metal frame windshield, it's Mahogany.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online