Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet?

The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81107

• billr
  • billr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm at 5 as of today, headed for 20+.
How is everyone else doing?
I was surprised at how many said they will take their boat out 20 times, I thought I'd be the only one.
Not that I have hit that mark the last few years!

Here's the poll results:
www.fiberglassics.com/component/apoll/apoll/13-how-many-times-will-you-take-the-boat-out-this-summer.html

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81109

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am currently at 4 with the Sabrecraft and 3 with the Wellcraft.
I may get to 20!

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81121

2011 = 47 times

2012 = 39 times

to date = 22 times (twice, out three times in one day!)

We live one block from a chain of four lakes of which three are accessible by boat. Many bars and restaurants accessible from the water. Along with sunsets, big city and city, county and state parks.

Greg Anderson
Wisconsin
Attachments:

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81122

My boat will get wet A LOT..... If I leave it out in the rain.... which it's been doing A LOT !

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81125

wow!!! i'm movin out by you. gdanderson wrote:

2011 = 47 times

2012 = 39 times

to date = 22 times (twice, out three times in one day!)

We live one block from a chain of four lakes of which three are accessible by boat. Many bars and restaurants accessible from the water. Along with sunsets, big city and city, county and state parks.

Greg Anderson
Wisconsin

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81134

I have three boats and am picking up number four tomorrow. And only one has see the water once this year! It will be September before I am on the water again. :(

Daniel

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81135

1 shakedown run on my new boat.

Doing work to her so probably won't be many.

Not to mention, where I live, it's about an hour ride in any direction to any body of water that allows motor boats....

Some lakes are no wake, some are electric motors only....MOST don't allow alcohol (easy, just a couple while boating)....some don't allow "pleasure boating"...gotta be fishing.

Closest body of water, that allows doing basically whatever you want, is a canal with decent barge traffic, signs stating you'll basically die if you come into contact with the water, a 300' 45degree launch (stick shift s10 pickup) and it costs 20 bucks a shot to launch there!

Think I need a new hobby? Lol

I'd NEVER tempt lake Michigan on a 15' lone star Malibu..lol

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81136

Does rain count?

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81146

Between our 1960 Glasspar G-3 and the Seafair Sedan we have been out five times now. We should go over ten (10) times by summers end.

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81159

Well, as of tonight I have managed to splash the old Crestliner 14 times so far this year. I am trying to make up for the last 2 years of crappy boating. I usually burn through 6 gals of fuel each time I am out.

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81173

• shacomm
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
20x... This is at the end of our street so its burning gas on a regular basis this summer. The old guy driving my boat is... me. I'm 50 this year and the boat is 53, the boat still looks pretty good!
Attachments:

1960 Dorsett Belmont w/ 60 HP Flying Scott aka \"Whisky Tango\" dorsettbelmont.blogspot.com/ Read my Jerky Blog at JerkyAficionado.com

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81174

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Sad to say only once this year and that was to get it ready for sale. Weekend coming up and it will be in the water at a local antique show with a for sale sign so that will make twice for the year so far.
It's for sale just for that reason. I don't have the time to prep it and maintain a woodie anymore. I'm working on my shell lake glass boat to take its place where maintenance is far less.
Cal

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81186

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Trying for ten on each boat this year. That will double last year.

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81188

We had way too much lousy weather here and I'm at only about 10 times. High water rain and more rain and then more rain on top of that. Now the it's in the 50's most mornings and a few days ago it was 48 degrees in the morning. That does not keep me from fishing but it's the end of July and first of August. Taken two days ago.
In the first pic the guy in the boat on the left was a good friend I had not seen in six years. Talked a long time fishing side by side in two boats in one spot.
Attachments:

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81201

Am I the only one who uses their boat year-round? In my neck of the woods crabbing starts heating up in September and runs into November, along with Fall Chinook during the same time. Then there's Spring Chinook starting in March and running into early May when the Halibut seasons starts, then there's ocean salmon and bottom fishing during the summer, then tuna in late summer...

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81211

• dlatshaw
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Lost count around 25. Counted each day we took it out on vacation too. And silver lake meet.

Every weekend to Lake Clark and sometimes during the week...

Here we are on Pamlico Sound

Dan
68 MFG Chevron
61 Power Cat 18DC Tahitian

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81212

• dlatshaw
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Lost count around 25. Counted each day we took it out on vacation too. And silver lake meet.

Every weekend to Lake Clark and sometimes during the week...

Here we are on Pamlico Sound
Attachments:

Dan
68 MFG Chevron
61 Power Cat 18DC Tahitian

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 2 months ago #81403

well i want to weigh in here too hahaha i got mine wet already once this year and i dont even have a floor in it yet. i took it to wash the crud off of it and to get the fiber dust off of it after i cut the transom in. i have alot of stuff left to do , but i have got back into it and spend any time i can with it. working is getting in the way of boating as it is.

billy

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 1 month ago #81683

Twice so far, which is pretty good considering I'm rehabbing my house to sell, and rehabbing a house 700 miles away to live in.... and moving myself by way of multiple trips using a truck and 34' trailer...

Blest boater

Re:The Poll, how many times will your boat get wet? 11 years 1 month ago #81700

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Good to hear from you again Gary, I was wondering about you the other day. I know you have to be busy with the move, you're going to have to take some extra "R&R time" when you get it all done!

I voted (in the poll) 20+ times, but the weather this year has been crazy around here. We've gotten almost 18" over the normal amount of rain so far, more coming almost every day according to the forecast. Said I wasn't starting any new projects, but thinking an ARK might be a good idea :)

Just afternoon showers and t-storms this weekend, so I'm hoping to get out early and enjoy a few hours on Lake Jackson........? Wish me luck.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle