Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: First time out on the Hudson this year...

First time out on the Hudson this year... 11 years 2 months ago #80623

Apparently I did a good job installing the new impeller, I had the right gearing, and that old merc is peeing like a drunken sailor (which I'm going to be in a bit...).

Left the Henry Hudson Park, ran up to Albany and back. Took the little woman and the pup, had a great time!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:First time out on the Hudson this year... 11 years 2 months ago #80632

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Glad to hear it went well Frank, hope the hot weather lets up a little for you guys. Homemade pizza tonight?

Mark

Re:First time out on the Hudson this year... 11 years 2 months ago #80634

great frank..i'm about 2 weeks away. left arm fistula procedure on thursday and parathyroid surgery next week. i should be physically able to launch a week after that. ron

Re:First time out on the Hudson this year... 11 years 2 months ago #80639

Excellent Frank. Actually got out for a couple of hours today, took the neighbors and their kids. Second outing for the year, sad it's taken so long. So glad you've made it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:First time out on the Hudson this year... 11 years 2 months ago #80640

MarkS wrote:

Glad to hear it went well Frank, hope the hot weather lets up a little for you guys. Homemade pizza tonight?

Hot weather is letting up Mark, thanks!

No pizza tonight, but Gail is now set up to make it on our grill, so hot weather does not prevent pizza. On top of that, we just got a 10,000 btu A/C unit for the kitchen, so even if it's pouring out, we can make it inside. This week pizza is planned for Wednesday...

Frank

Re:First time out on the Hudson this year... 11 years 2 months ago #80641

vuyosevich wrote:

great frank..i'm about 2 weeks away. left arm fistula procedure on thursday and parathyroid surgery next week. i should be physically able to launch a week after that. ron

No need to rush it Ron, take it easy. I hope all goes well, and you're back at it soon. Take care.

Frank

Re:First time out on the Hudson this year... 11 years 2 months ago #80643

Waterwings wrote:

Excellent Frank. Actually got out for a couple of hours today, took the neighbors and their kids. Second outing for the year, sad it's taken so long. So glad you've made it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

No kidding Bob! Last time I replaced the impeller I didn't have any gears!

So far this year it's been just Silver Lake (NY) one Saturday (1st one in June) and today. Sheesh!

Started fitting a cover today. Needs some more fitment and work but I think will do the trick. Weird old boat, hard to get a decent cover. This means maybe another attempt at deck paint...

Attachments:

Re:First time out on the Hudson this year... 11 years 2 months ago #80646

looks like a good start Frank. I need to find something for mine, but not sure where to start.

Bob

Re:First time out on the Hudson this year... 11 years 2 months ago #80647

Glad to hear that you got it wet finally Frank. Nice when you don't have any problems on the run. Hope you manage to get out on the water a lot more this year. Skip.

Re:First time out on the Hudson this year... 11 years 2 months ago #80663

Attachments:

Re:First time out on the Hudson this year... 11 years 2 months ago #80667

skipthescrounger wrote:

Glad to hear that you got it wet finally Frank. Nice when you don't have any problems on the run. Hope you manage to get out on the water a lot more this year. Skip.

Thanks Skip! I sure hope I get out a bunch more too. Got premium gas to burn!

That Hudson River Guide seabuddy posted the ling to is for folks that go a lot farther afield than me. We usually just run up to Albany, or down to Catskill. We know all the marinas and restaurants on the river. I wonder if that guide has the new Boathouse Grill in New Baltimore? Good folks and great food: boathousegrille.com/

Frank

Re:First time out on the Hudson this year... 11 years 2 months ago #80682

Anything in print does not have stuff that came after the copyright date. Electronic is the way to go, but folks do not want to pay for 4 years of cruising and research that a tomb like my book takes. I cruised all the waterways, then went back to check out any marinas and Restaurants that I did not stay at or visited in the off seasons. It was a full time job for four years.

Other books and writers take advertising to help with the costs, but I did not. The book has my insights and opinions not influenced by ads. That is its plus.

I sell personalized and autographed copies personally, but the market is in a clean, used copy from Amazon. They go for somewhere between $10 and $20 dollars with shipping. Right now, the low is just over $10.27. Get them to ship, my book is the weight of a Manhattan yellow pages directory.

How is the food at the new place? Any early bird beer specials?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online