• Page:

TOPIC: Get them wet 7/20 Thank you

Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80603

• morris
  • morris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
A quick Thank you to all who attended and supported our common bond yesterday at Falls Lake in North Carolina. We had a good group of people.

Thank you, Chris B. aka Seabuddy. Great seeing you again we need to do this more often once every three years and thanks for the tow back in when we lost fuel pressure.

Thank you Jim and Dee L. Your Aristo Craft is truly Awesome. I don't believe I have ever seen a nicer Aristo Craft. I know none in Northern Neck VA can even come close to yours. Oh and thanks for giving Sandy a ride. She enjoyed the time spent with you and Dee.

Denny, Thank you for bringing out your Hydro's I am still amazed at how well it handled and how fast that little boat went. Just awesome.

Bob, Thank you for coming out It is always good to meet fellow old motor enthusiast. Next time out I'll talk you into riding with me. I need a lot of help with my old motors.

Thank you Ted and your brother for bring out that sweet all original 63 Glasspar Citation. Good luck with your 58 Chris Craft restoration.

Unfortunately I ran late and had motor problems so I missed meeting a couple of people. All in all it was a great day and again Thank you. Up at the ramp, I heard a lot of look at that neat old boat, a couple of Dad had one like that. and some plain old WOW's.

Besides Fiberglassics there were 3 ACBS Chapters, Amoci, and g3 associations present.

Float Happy - Morris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80606

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks Morris,Had a good time with Sandy. Loved to hear her say wow every time I'd push the throttle down LOL. jim

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80607

Al,....great post Sir! I couldn't have said it better myself.
Sorry you had problems with the G-3 but at least Chris and I were able to help you and Chuck. When we didn't see you at the bridge, Sandy said, "Somebody better go back and check on Al!" LOL!

As I posted in Chris' Thread here are some photos of our event yesterday (7/20) at Falls Lake:

These pictures were taken at the Falls State Park/Ramp and shows all of us getting acquainted before launching the boats.

Attachments:

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80608

Photos of Jim and Dee Lowe's BEAUTIFUL "Aristo-Craft":
Attachments:

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80610

Jim and Dee in the water after launching with Jeff and his daughter:
Attachments:

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80611

Mike and Linda Dickson in their 1960 Glasspar G-3:
Attachments:

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80612

Chris Brown (Seabuddy) and me in our 1960 Glasspar G-3.

I had promised Chris I would take him for a ride AND let him drive our G-3 at this event and that is exactly what we did.

Attachments:

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80613

Chris Brown (Seabuddy) behind the wheel of our G-3:

Chris behind the wheel BY HIMSELF:
Attachments:

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80614

Chris BY HIMSELF:
Attachments:

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80615

Al, his good friend Chuck, along with Al's grandson running their Seafair Sedan with my Son, John Jr. and his Wife, Martie running our G-3.

My Wife and I will eventually give our G-3 to John Jr. to make the boat a "3rd Generation Family G-3" as my Dad bought that boat brand new way back in 1959.
Attachments:

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80616

Classic boating friend Bob driving our 1960 Seafair Sedan:
Attachments:

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80631

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Thank you for the great report and awesome pics guys, much appreciated! To me the "get 'em wet meets" make all the hard work well worth it, always great to enjoy our passion with others who feel the same. With a little advanced planning on my part, I'd really love to make the trip up there and join you guys next year.

Mark

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80636

MarkS wrote:

Thank you for the great report and awesome pics guys, much appreciated! To me the "get 'em wet meets" make all the hard work well worth it, always great to enjoy our passion with others who feel the same. With a little advanced planning on my part, I'd really love to make the trip up there and join you guys next year.

Mark:

Thanks for your kind words and you are very welcome on the report!

We hope you can make it next year too. It would have been great to have that nice boat of yours in our group.

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80644

Looks like it was fun. Maybe we can make it next year also.

Bob

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80655

I want to thank everyone for making me feel so welcome and included. I just had a Classic Boating blast!

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80658

What did we have, nine boats in the water?

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80669

• StevieB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for sharing your pics. I wish more would share your action shots. Maybe its time to start a new thread for action shot photos?

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80683

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
"Looks like it was fun. Maybe we can make it next year also." - Bob

"With a little advanced planning on my part, I'd really love to make the trip up there and join you guys next year." - Mark S.

We would enjoy having you both Bob and Mark. Mark please keep me posted on the next Lake Lanier meet.

Float happy - Al

www.g3owners.com

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80936

How about a Lake Anna event?

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80946

Al and I got together at Lake Anna years ago with the families, and it is a great place. Campground with cabins and trailers to rent. But it would be a nicer time if it was planned during the week as the weekends get crazy.

M

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80947

That's only a few hours away from me here in Southern Maryland. Haven't been there yet. Been cruising the Potomac and Patuxent rivers. Brackish water with lots of wash down when I'm done.

Bob

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80948

Hey Bob,

What part of the Potomac? I run Lessylvania to Colonial Beach. Mostly around Mattawoman area.

Mike

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #80949

Hey Mike. I live all the way down by St.George's island. The farthest up the river I've gotten so far is Breton Bay.

Bob

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81024

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Wow that's right across the river from Ragged Beach Point. Sounds like Bob is over near Chuck but across the river. Hmmm, I think there a event possibility brewing.

www.g3owners.com

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81030

Potomac River would be a great event.

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81031

morris wrote:

Wow that's right across the river from Ragged Beach Point. Sounds like Bob is over near Chuck but across the river. Hmmm, I think there a event possibility brewing.

Set that event up Al so Sharon and I can come up your way this time.
We can bring both boats again!

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81039

That would be great. we cruise across to the Virginia side whenever we can. Haven't done it yet this year.

Bob

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81040

Waterwings, let us all make this next event.

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81063

hmmmm, i think southern maryland is closer than silver lake, n.y., is the potomac very choppy? i'm kinda limited to calm water with the mantaray. my body can't take the pounding anymore. ron

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81064

One has to pick your spot. Can be wide and therefore not calm. Go up towards D. C. and most days it is like a mirror with some ripples. One that knows the River better than I needs to pick a launch ramp .

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81070

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Chris, When is the Reedsville meet? We could tie the day in the water to the ACBS meet if it will be held this year?? Just a thought.

www.g3owners.com

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81080

next up is 8/10 at... 23RD Annual NE Pennsylvania-Harveys Lake Chapter Antique and Classic Boats Show. Location: Grotto Marina, RT. 415 Harveys Lake Pa. 18618. Contact: Bill Nash at610-906-7723 (cell) 610-970-5749 (home) or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I'll look for more events, too.

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81081

Then one of my favorites 9/7.... At the Tuckerton Seaport & Baymen's Museum, Tuckerton, NJ. September 7-8, 2013. Held in conjunction with the Philadelphia Chapter of ACBS, Inc. Contact the Seaport at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call 609-296-8868 or Chapter member Mike Kurland at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 21-925-4660.

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81082

next is 9/14,15 ... The Smith Mountain Lake Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society has finalized the format and schedule for our 2013 fall show at Smith Mountain Lake. The details are as follows:

Date: September 13-14-15, 2013. September 14th, is the public show date.

Location: Mariners landing and Conference Center, Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia. www.marinerslanding.com

Show Name: The 23nd Annual Smith Mountain Lake Antique & Classic Boat Festival and

Show

Show Information: Contact Alan Frederick, 540-352-8653 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Chapter web site: www.woodenboats.net

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81083

Reedsville is 9/14 10-4 land only this year. They do not want the boats to get wet, before or after. New policy for 2013.

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81085

been to harveys twice. very nice lake but if your going to land display its held in the grotto parking lot on blacktop. if its a hot day you'll roast. ronseabuddy wrote:

next up is 8/10 at... 23RD Annual NE Pennsylvania-Harveys Lake Chapter Antique and Classic Boats Show. Location: Grotto Marina, RT. 415 Harveys Lake Pa. 18618. Contact: Bill Nash at610-906-7723 (cell) 610-970-5749 (home) or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I'll look for more events, too.

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81088

been to tuckerton seaport 7 times. i belong to the philly chapter...great people. the seaport is a great place for a show. restaurant, museum, gift shop, lighthouse, boardwalk on premises. no blacktop here just white crushed clamshells. boat rides out into tuckerton bay where you'll see the atlantic city skyline. theres also a diner and stewarts root beer within walking distance.seabuddy wrote:

Then one of my favorites 9/7.... At the Tuckerton Seaport & Baymen's Museum, Tuckerton, NJ. September 7-8, 2013. Held in conjunction with the Philadelphia Chapter of ACBS, Inc. Contact the Seaport at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call 609-296-8868 or Chapter member Mike Kurland at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call him at 21-925-4660.

Attachments:

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81098

Ron,
Marine forecast for the Lower Potomac really depends on the wind direction and tidal movement. Some days it's sheet of glass, some 1' to 2' chop. It's also different depending on which side of the river your on and wind direction, lots of trees on the Virginia side so it can be smother. Can be a rough ride coming back if you put in on my side. Just depends. Sorry not real definitive. The further up the river you go the better it gets since the river narrows and not much wind affect. Ya'll from the Virginia side correct me if I've misspoke please. ;)

Bob

Re:Get them wet 7/20 Thank you 11 years 2 months ago #81099

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online