Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Classic Boat,made in Santa Ana Cal. 1960 Barracuda

Classic Boat,made in Santa Ana Cal. 1960 Barracuda 11 years 2 months ago #80495

Hello I am new to this forum and I am trying to find some people that might know a little about my Boat as I cannot find anything about it online. The boat is a 1960 "Barracuda" it is a 16' fiberglass boat was made in Santa Ana, Cal. by Classic Boat. Any information on this boat would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Classic Boat,made in Santa Ana Cal. 1960 Barracuda 11 years 2 months ago #80498

Scrivy,

WELCOME ABOARD!
(SORRY, never seen/heard of that boat.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Classic Boat,made in Santa Ana Cal. 1960 Barracuda 11 years 2 months ago #80509

Welcome aboard!

The area around Santa Ana and Costa Mesa, CA was a hot bed of fiberglass boat manufacturing. I have a listing of 15 fiberglass boat builders located in those two cities.

Classic Boat Co., Inc. of Santa Ana was incorporated on 07 August 1958. That's ALL I know about them.

Maybe the local historical society can help?
Santa Ana Historical Society
120 Civic Center Drive West
Santa Ana, CA 92701-7505

Andreas

Re:Classic Boat,made in Santa Ana Cal. 1960 Barracuda 11 years 2 months ago #80523

I'm headed to Santa Ana, tomorrow, to a woodworking co. to pick up some hardware. Let me see what I can find for you.

Re:Classic Boat,made in Santa Ana Cal. 1960 Barracuda 11 years 2 months ago #80524

Scrivy, I went to another forum and found out that the boats were not made in Santa Ana, Cal. They were a boat kit offered by Chris Craft from 1955 to 1960 and offered 9 different models to choose from. They didn't make a 15ft. It's probably a 14' or a 16'.
Go to this web site. www.pfs-ware.com/50s/50s_page6.htm
If you want the plans, I'll see if I can get you one.

Re:Classic Boat,made in Santa Ana Cal. 1960 Barracuda 11 years 2 months ago #80653

My 1959 Hustler was also made by Classic boat of Santa Ana. So Far I have not been able to find out anything about the company. Mine is also a 15'
Attachments:

Re:Classic Boat,made in Santa Ana Cal. 1960 Barracuda 11 years 2 months ago #80657

Here is a pic of a Classic Boat "Santana" 17 that I picked up earlier this year. It is the only boat built by them that I have ever come across in all of my hunting. They were indeed produced in Santa Ana and there are probably a number of them around, most likely in So Cal.
Attachments:

Re:Classic Boat,made in Santa Ana Cal. 1960 Barracuda 11 years 2 months ago #80704

Here's a Classic Boat Co. "Trophy":
Attachments:

Re:Classic Boat,made in Santa Ana Cal. 1960 Barracuda 11 years 2 months ago #80710

Wow, thanks so much for all the responses... The Hustler and the Santana have the same logo as mine. I would post some pictures but for some reason It will not let me upload any, say's it's the wrong size.

Re:Classic Boat,made in Santa Ana Cal. 1960 Barracuda 11 years 2 months ago #80712

Scrivy,
Welcome aboard. Try the link below on how to post the pics. You'll have to resize them to post.

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/home/support/how-to-post-pictures

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online