Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: hundred dollar floor in.

hundred dollar floor in. 11 years 2 months ago #80154

ok boys and girls through the rain i managed to get the floor cut in and trimmed out. it is 3/8" marine plywood and i took a compass and traced the edge out to get a better fit i had originally bought three pieces, and worked it out with two. i want to see if i can take the odd piece back and exchange it for two pieces of 3/4" for the cabin walls... saving me 50.00 .. 3/4" will be 72.00 each. i think it will do. i want to go under and in between the stringers with some of the 3/4" to get me some meat to screw various things too. i will glue the scabs under the floor and then coat the bottom with resin ,it came with a sheet of mat on the bottom but i am hoping to seal it up good so i can keep it dry. pretty good for a beginner.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:hundred dollar floor in. 11 years 2 months ago #80184

Look'in good to me. Funny how things are before you did them. The whole prospective changes once you see how you do it. One step at a time and don't get in a big hurry, but on the other hand don't loose interest. When it's done you'll have the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

Re:hundred dollar floor in. 11 years 2 months ago #80190

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looking good Billy, nice work. Pretty tough making any progress with weather like we've been having lately! Looks like the "rain every day" stuff is going to ease up next week, I know you've got to be ready for a break from that. ;)

So true Robert, so true!

Mark

Re:hundred dollar floor in. 11 years 2 months ago #80196

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
SWEET!!! It is nice to see someone doing it by the numbers. cap-n billybob I am anxious to see your progress. I am also anxious to hear your review of your transom work, as I have thought of doing the same on my 58 Winner
Al

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:hundred dollar floor in. 11 years 2 months ago #80231

Looking great so far, keep up the good work.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online