• Page:

TOPIC: Well, the Cobia is -GONE-

Well, the Cobia is -GONE- 11 years 3 months ago #79898

• houston
  • houston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Our old project boat we had found a new home, which I referred the new owner to this site because he is not looking to put it in the water and go rather he is looking to finish the restoration that we where doing before it got stalled, besides we no longer had a tower for it because Genny drove the old POS Suzuki XL-7 through a 120 foot power pole.

Ok Genny got a little messed up in this and spent 48 hours in trauma care and and 6 weeks with a fleet of visiting nurses coming to the house, and her physical therapy was done in our new pool I set up just before her wreck.

So I asked her what kind of car she liked, and she told me the Ford Escape....which ok, that the car she likes so I am going to make sure it was specked out for it would be the car she would love.

The downfall of this is the car she liked, wouldn't be able to pull a 3,200 pound boat.

Funny thing happen yesterday, Sam's boyfriend's mom and dad showed up for dinner yesterday, which seeing the cobia he was like ohhhhh (yea ok I heard that before)..so out of curiosity I asked which one wanted to see who had the better truck..him or his son, both had a 2" ball..so who ever squats buys the ice cream, which the father lost..but now it was on the sons truck and he asked what are you going to do with this...?

well one of two things, I am going to pull the out drive out of the garage and all the interior stuff out of the garage and what we all ready finished floor we all ready fiberglass and the stringers we all ready cut...

and I will toss all of it, and this 100 pound bag of rove and weave..and all these Risen cans and this box of harder..into it for you can take it home... your gonna have to finish the last four feet of stringers and the stern, but I will help you if you want...

or I will just draw one foot squares on it and cut it up with a sawsall..either or...

I never seen a boat leave so quick...

But I told the new owner, that if I don't know an answer or if wanted to double check an answer..he should check in here.

so..let me back up a bit..genny likes the Ford Escapes, right up till the 2013's..

the 2013 ford escapes, seem to have been cut from the same mold the Suzuki XL-7came out of, which because of that eruo body design the tapered to the rear and..in, will cause you 2,599 new and different blind spots you never knew where there.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Well, the Cobia is -GONE- 11 years 3 months ago #79899

• houston
  • houston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
it took me a week in research and another hunting down the escape genny wanted...btw, which was a 2009 inline 4 -non turbo charged- inline 4 with the 6 speed transmission..

which..here is a mind binder, they have the same wheelbase as the explorer, but what makes the body 'smaller..

3 inches off the back, and 3 inches off the front, which how they managed to do that was simple, interrogated bumpers.

Re:Well, the Cobia is -GONE- 11 years 3 months ago #79910

Both vehicles are as different as the sun and rain. My one son had an Escape. His wife liked it but loved their Freestyle. She got the Freestyle and my boy drove the Escape. He traded it in because he just had to have an F150 with 4 doors. My other son has an Explorer. They are growing out of it and are planning to trade it. They love that Explorer. As for blind spots. Take whatever your thinking about buying on a nice long test-drive and keep blind spots in mind while driving it. My Mother is short and has blind spots where I do not.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online