Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Winner Seats.

Winner Seats. 11 years 3 months ago #79659

I'm only putting two seats in. I have to cut the brass bolt off to the middle seat. This looks like what was in it but they are different. First off the seats are 2X12 with 1x4 at the front and back. The original was 1x12. The originals had a little plywood support in the middle but I'm not putting them in. Inside underneath it had foam flotation but it is badly agec and is turning into powdery dust when you touch it. Underneath the seat are 4 rows of pool noodles with a PVC sealed pipe running through them anchored underneath and they are not visible. I opted to paint them. They need another coat. The PVC pipe will be used to run wires through them. It is not where it will be it is just lying there.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Winner Seats. 11 years 3 months ago #79675

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looking good Robert, she's coming along nicely!

Mark

Re:Winner Seats. 11 years 3 months ago #79713

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes it is looking good, Robert, I have two Winners at the house a 1957 Winner Valiant 17' and a 1958 Seafire 15'. I have never seen the bench supports can you post pictures of yours as you complete them. It would be greatly appreciated.
Al

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:Winner Seats. 11 years 3 months ago #79732

She's looking GREAT Robert, nice work buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:Winner Seats. 11 years 3 months ago #79783

The supports are not much. Just a piece of wood hand carved to fit the shape of the hull. That was the hard part. The long brass bolts sticking out went through them. They also go through the wooden splash rail on the outside. All of the old wood inside has been replaced. I saved the splash guard ones. The originals had a wooden piece that went into the slot of the wood base on thethe middle of the floor. I just left them there.

Re:Winner Seats. 11 years 3 months ago #79784

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Robert. Those shots help a lot. The Seafire has one bench in the rear and the blocks on the rub strakes are still there. The center piece on the floor is missing. The Valiant is a 3 bench boat but I do not remember it having rub strakes like the Seafire and your Scorpion. It did have what appeared to be a floor added which has rotted out. Thank you for your help.
Al

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login