Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Glastron Aqualift Hi or Low Transom?

Glastron Aqualift Hi or Low Transom? 11 years 3 months ago #79649

• 55bigtwin
  • 55bigtwin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
OK, I'm looking at my '68 Glastron Aqualift 156 transom. The sides are 15" but to the center 'point' it's 20". I put my 40hp Gale long shaft on it because the motor that was on it when I got it was long shaft. But looking at it with my 10hp along side, I'm a bit perplexed. I actually ran the 10hp after the 40hp shift linkage pulled apart again. (see thread JEGO's place). It pumped water just fine. The water line is clearly 4-5" above the impeller bulge. So what gives? Should I use a long or short shaft? Any input would be greatly appreciated... here's a pic...Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Glastron Aqualift Hi or Low Transom? 11 years 3 months ago #79657

Your cavitation plate should be 3/4 to an inch below the lowest part of the boat unless it is a tunnel hull. At least that is how I set them up.

Re:Glastron Aqualift Hi or Low Transom? 11 years 3 months ago #79658

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
. I think ya need a different Long shaft motor.. If you actually
measured 20 " on the boat, then it is long type. . That little 10 hp is sort of usable as a trolling fishing mode. or a emergency
Kicker motor , back to shore , open water, like you are showing off to the left position..
. Some of the older OMC had a 5" extender mid section. Your Gale looks too low. I viewed the 67 Glastron brochure, but no mention
of the transom... That VEE pad at higher speed would come up closer
to the water line. Say a 75 hp or so. & need a LONG motor ,IMO.
Your very slow or fishing use in a cove where the boat sits lower in water might be able to sample a 25 hp or 35 hp engine.

Re:Glastron Aqualift Hi or Low Transom? 11 years 3 months ago #79660

The Gale is the right length for that transom just mount it in the centre and it should look perfect. The motor is a 20" shaft (5 inch extension is installed)and is for a transom from 19" to 21" high

Re:Glastron Aqualift Hi or Low Transom? 11 years 3 months ago #79672

• 55bigtwin
  • 55bigtwin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I only used the 10hp as a back up, I put it on after the 40 popped out of gear and pulled the linkage apart again. I had to slide the 40 to the side to be able to steer the 10hp. I realize it's under powered with the 40, (it will take up to an 80hp). But the only other engines I have that are larger are 'Fat Fifties', and I don't have one ready yet. I actually bought the Glastron for the '58 classic outboard that was on it, the 40 was the only motor that I currently have to bolt on and try to sell it. I guess I should look for a larger motor to make it work...Thanks all for the input...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online