Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: First Glassic Project

First Glassic Project 11 years 3 months ago #79533

So I've haunted this board for a long time and have finally found my own boat to attempt. It's a '57 Bell Boy Banshee and will need alot before hitting the water.

Anyhow, I've found a video of a restored, beautiful Banshee, and I wonder....where do you get things like the bow flag/pennant? The name plates/emblems? The little things like that. Doing the windshield and fiberglass is one thing, but finding missing parts? Are there suppliers for things that I don't know about?

- Shane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: First Glassic Project 11 years 3 months ago #79534

Sixoh,

First, WELCOME ABOARD.

Also, check www.allofcraigslist.com for parts. - You might also get your flagpole made by the local woodshop teacher.
(I had mine done out of black walnut & the teacher charged me 5 bucks.)

Marque flags, from time to time, show up on ebay. - In other words, doing something like a Banshee is a "gathering" from many sources.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:First Glassic Project 11 years 3 months ago #79556

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Shane. Satx is telling you true, daily searches on Craigslist, Ebay, "classified ads", etc. become a part of life when you're working on a project. Flea markets, yard sales, "junk shops" and the like can also be excellent sources for hard to find items. Patience and persistence are your best friends, sometimes it takes years to complete the quest for the "just right" pieces you desire.

We've also seen other members here help out with some hard to find items, don't be afraid to post a pic of an example and ask. You never know, someone may have an extra they would part with.

Mark

Re:First Glassic Project 11 years 3 months ago #79563

Welcome aboard.

Re:First Glassic Project 11 years 3 months ago #79574

You need to contact Larry McKay of Vintage Boatworks in Bakersfield Ca. I can't find his website right now so you will need to send him a PM through Fiberglassics. Just follow the link below to his user profile & give him a shout.

Larry has re cast many boat emblems in brass and bronze, including ones for your Bell Boy. He even has the "Banshee" emblem that goes on the dashboard.

www.fiberglassics.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=1645&Itemid=60

Re:First Glassic Project 11 years 3 months ago #79643

Thanks gang. Restoration is always a big task, but I have never done anything with boats. This is a first. Didn't know where to look for things. I will definitely get ahold of Larry in CA. I have seen some of his work for another guy with a restored Banshee.

The hunt is the fun part ;) I didn't realize the flagpole was wood. One of the things to look for will be a mount too I guess :)

Shane

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online