Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lake N Sea Identification?

Lake N Sea Identification? 11 years 3 months ago #79480

I recently came across a Lake N Sea and am looking for a little help identifying exactly what it is. I was able to find some old pictures of brochures online and i am fairly certain what model I have, but I am not sure what year it is. Any tags that would have identified this hull are long gone. This boat is in real rough shape but it is deserving of a second chance at life and I intend to bring it back to life. I think I have a U-15 model. The picture I have of it was from a brochure from 1957, which I believe is the year Cris Craft owned the company? But I have not been able to figure out if this model was produced any other years besides 1957. I am looking for a little help from people who know more about the history than I. Any information is would be greatly appreciated!! I have lots more pictures of how my boat sits in its current state if that would help.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Lake N Sea Identification? 11 years 3 months ago #79484

fandarr,

NOT a clue about LakeNSea boats
BUT

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Lake N Sea Identification? 11 years 3 months ago #79517

• STN19
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
nice boat! www.lakensea.org has some pretty usful tricks to help you identify your boat hope that helps!

Re:Lake N Sea Identification? 11 years 3 months ago #79518

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice find... It does appear to be a U-15, unless there is evidence that someone cut away the stern seating/motorwell area. If it is one of the really early chris craft models, its extra rare- It seems most have long since disintegrated!

Have you been here- www.lakensea.org

Geoffery Reynolds runs that site/organization, and can help you out a LOT when it comes to lake N Seas.

I've got a '59 Caribbean that's about 80% restored at this point.... They are beautiful boats, but it's not hard to see why they are so rare once you start restoring them, they are not the most robustly built boats out there! But, they are well worth saving for sure.

Lets see some more pics!

-Andrew

Re:Lake N Sea Identification? 11 years 3 months ago #79519

• STN19
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
also it appears you have a utility model which does happen to be on a 1957 brochure as well

Re:Lake N Sea Identification? 11 years 3 months ago #79522

I have found www.lakensea.org thats the only real reason I have figured out as much as I have about this hull. But I have not reached out to Geoffery Reynolds yet. There is no evidence that any part of a stern seating section that has been cut away, it appears to be all original. When I got the boat there was about 4 inches of dirt in the bottom which I am assuming is from decaying leaves. The stringers and transom are dirt. The floor seems to have been removed at some point, but other than being very dirty, and a few bad paint jobs, the rest of the hull seems to be in pretty good shape, minus a very poor repair job on the keel. These pictures were taken when I was about halfway through getting the dirt out of the boat.
Attachments:

Re:Lake N Sea Identification? 11 years 3 months ago #79523

More Pics
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online