• Page:

TOPIC: drug home 1970 VIP

drug home 1970 VIP 11 years 3 months ago #79479

• 59Hustler
  • 59Hustler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I drug home a 1970 VIP bowrider today. Engine runs but I haven't checked the compression yet. It has a Lark V outboard on it. I do not know the Hp. The previous owner thought it was a 35 hp but it looks pretty big to be a 35 hp. The boat is a 16fter The fiberglass looks good but it needs a paint job. The transom is solid and the floors did not give at all.
I have a few questions about the control unit. It is a lot different from the dual control Mercury Quicksilver. It has what looks to be a push-button automatic transmision ala Chrysler in the 60s. Is this engine any good I was hoping it would be easier to service than the Mercury 400.
I may put the Merc on this boat anyway due to the Merc being 45hp and this boat being a 16 ft trihull.
The 59 is classier looking though
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: drug home 1970 VIP 11 years 3 months ago #79482

I believe the Lark V would be 40hp

Re:drug home 1970 VIP 11 years 3 months ago #79583

That's an electric shift. Evinrude called it "Selectric"

You must use the correct lower unit gear lube. It is different from the regular gear lube.

www.old-omc.de has a chart to decipher the year of the motor by using the model number and serial number. They also have old brochures posted online.

Andreas

Re:drug home 1970 VIP 11 years 3 months ago #79624

• 59Hustler
  • 59Hustler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for sending me to old OMC. The the engine is a model 40363DA which makes it a 1963 Sectric.
I haven't been able to do anything more on the boat except look for the model no. on the engine as it has been over 110 the last few days.
On the boat I haven;t found any ID there are no emblems that I can find anywhere, The trailer is a 1970 Dilly with roller bunks. It has its ID out in plain site.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online