Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where to start????

Where to start???? 11 years 3 months ago #79259

Hello All,

I posted a intro awhile back with an outside picture of my new project. Its a 1969 Chrysler Charger 151 that was handed down to me.

I uncovered it the other day and put some oil in the cylinders so I could see if she will turn over this weekend. I want to make sure its oiled up be I even try to turn it over.

Well I was a little disappointed on the condition. There are dry leaves of the floor, and the mice or some other critter chewed up the insulation around the engine, bilge blower hoses, corners of the side panels, and maybe a small section of the floor in the back corner (hard to tell because all the insulation piled up)

My girlfriend if the one motivating me to start this project and get the boat back on the water. She is going to help clean everything out this weekend.

I'm just not sure what I should do after all the debris is cleaned out. What is the best method to inspect the flooring without ripping it out?

I should add that it was last in the water 9 years ago...

Any help that you can provide a new guy would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Where to start???? 11 years 3 months ago #79264

As far as the floor goes, do you feel any soft spots when standing on it? Does it flex if you do a little bouncing on it? Not knowing how that floor was constructed it is hard to say... do you have some pictures of the boat, inside and out with details?

Hello, World!!

Re: Where to start???? 11 years 3 months ago #79267

Ryanflathead45,

WELCOME ABOARD.
(If it was me, I would start at the stem and clean everything thoroughly, ending at the stern.- Once that is done & everything is documented, you can see where you stand.)

Take photos of everything, so that you know what goes where AND so that you can post them here, when you need advice.
(I know from hard experience that in 6 months or a year, it's difficult to remember how things go back together.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Where to start???? 11 years 3 months ago #79532

I started a thread in the member projects section.

Some floor repair is going to be needed. The engine is free, I'll try to get her running if it ever stops raining around here.

Here is a link:
www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/home/member-projects/1969-chrysler-charger-151-with-volvo-penta-aq110

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online