Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: COOSA BOARD REVIEW

COOSA BOARD REVIEW 11 years 3 months ago #78711

So I just got done cutting and glassing my strangers in on my seafair, I cut all floorboards out and I cut and glued my transom in. I'm working with Nautical 20 and Bluewater 26. The stuff cuts like a charm, sands like a charm, will not rot, needs minimal resin since you don't have to glass the entire piece, and is super light. If you can afford it...get it. I now have a glasspar seafair that will never have a rotting issue ever again. I also sealed the floor and filled it with foam and it made the deck which is made of nautical 20 as hard as the bluewater 26.

I cut some of the bluewater and nautical and put it in a jar of water and locked it shut about 3 weeks ago and set it on a 1/2 thick steel outdoor work bench that gets direct sunlight during the day hoping to get some expansion from the material when the water heats up to really test the material.

I took it out today and let it air dry for 30 minutes, weighed it and compared it to a non soaked piece of the same size...no water intrusion at all...both weighed exactly the same.

I live in southern california and my local dealer was revchem composites over in costa mesa.

I'm only posting this because all my searches on this stuff led to threads where the board was talked about but not actually used. And this is my personal experience with the board.

Hope this review helps with your decision on what material you are going to use for your project.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:COOSA BOARD REVIEW 11 years 3 months ago #78739

What thickness sheet did you buy, what were the dimensions of each sheet, and what was the cost? I have always wanted to use it, but was afraid of paying so much to have a bunch of expensive scrap left over.

Interesting thread - thanks for posting.

Bruce

Re:COOSA BOARD REVIEW 11 years 3 months ago #78761

for the deck, I used nautical 20, 1/2 inch but im adding more bulkheads and I'm foam filling as well...might run a layer of glass over it as well for more impact resistance. if I were to use it on a bigger boat I would probably go 3/4 inch of the lesser of the bluewater series. the nautical 20 of 1/2 inch thick and 4x8 sheets run about 140 each in my area. the 3/4inch of the bluewster 26 was 220 bucks. each sheet is sold in 4x8' like plywood. but remember you don't have to glass the entire piece so it saves some money on resin. my pieces looked like a puzzle when you first get it. I had every piece drawn out on each board before I cut it so I would have minimal waste. Hope that helps.
Jon

Re:COOSA BOARD REVIEW 11 years 3 months ago #78765

does it come in 3/8" ??????? i need about three pieces or sheets

billy
Attachments:

Re:COOSA BOARD REVIEW 11 years 3 months ago #78872

hey billy not sure about that, where are you located? I could try to find a local dealer by you. could you use 1/2 inch and sand down the sides to make it flush? definitely use bluewater 26. 3 panels would put you at 600 bucks but well worth it in my mind

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online