Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My friend's boat

My friend's boat 11 years 4 months ago #78447

My friend is trying to sell her boat. She says it's a 1963 Red Fish, and it's in excellent condition so if she's right I want to make sure that the new owner is someone who will appreciate it for what it is and take good care of it. First I want to make sure it really is a 1963 Red Fish. How do I do that? I have some pictures of it as well so everyone can see what I'm talking about, it's a BEAUTY!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:My friend's boat 11 years 4 months ago #78448

Apparently it only lets me post one pic at a time, so here's another one.
Attachments:

Re:My friend's boat 11 years 4 months ago #78449

Here's a closeup of the motor.
Attachments:

Re:My friend's boat 11 years 4 months ago #78474

yep...she's a red fish...either a 1962 or a 1963....and looks like in fantastic shape....john

Re:My friend's boat 11 years 4 months ago #78475

So what's it worth? It has a 65 motor, brand new battery, everything's in excellent condition, and it comes with trailer, ore,life preservers,radio deck, and ladder.

Re:My friend's boat 11 years 4 months ago #78485

Check out the Red Fish section in the Glassics library www.fiberglassics.com/library/Red_Fish

Maybe an Osage (15ft) Apache (16ft) or Regal (17ft). There a specs for each model on the brochure pages.

Best of luck!

Re:My friend's boat 11 years 4 months ago #78520

Boat values are hard to put your thumb on. But you are in the right place. It looks like it is in wonderful shape. You may want to keep her yourself.

Re:My friend's boat 11 years 4 months ago #78523

As I said it's my friend's boat, but if I could afford it and had a way to haul it I would! Unfortunately, I'm between jobs at the moment, and my car is a 1.6 liter Nissan Versa and I doubt it could handle towing it, even if I put a trailer hitch on it. But to be honest, my friend said if I help her sell it she'd give me part of the proceeds and I'm really struggling financially and I could really use the money. I just want a ballpark estimate, even if it's a broad range, so I have an idea on an asking price and the lowest to sell it for, and then I'll place an ad in the Glassifieds. Thank you.

Re:My friend's boat 11 years 4 months ago #78540

depends on what old boats sell for in your area...she is a very nice boat but not the fined boat that collectors want....500 would be low...2500 would be very high....anywhere buyer and sellers can agree would be fair...john

Re:My friend's boat 11 years 4 months ago #78543

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I agree,not high on the collectors list of boats.Looks like the seats may have been redone,which in this case would not really change the value of it. I think 1500 would be a good price all things considered. You may ask more and never get a nibble, if the asking price is too high it has a tendency to keep anyone from even calling.I would throw it up here and of course on Craigs,where you will have a better chance of selling it.Ask 16-1700 and take the first 1500 that comes along.This is just my opinion from looking at a couple small pics.redfishpirates wrote:

depends on what old boats sell for in your area...she is a very nice boat but not the fined boat that collectors want....500 would be low...2500 would be very high....anywhere buyer and sellers can agree would be fair...john

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:My friend's boat 11 years 4 months ago #78550

Thank you and everyone else for your help!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online