Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Replacement rub rail material for '60 Seaswirl P14

Replacement rub rail material for '60 Seaswirl P14 11 years 4 months ago #78283

hello all.... I'm the new guy. I'm in the process of rebuilding a Seaswirl P-14 and would like to find a distributor for the original style rub rail material. Anyone Have information regarding a source they'd be willing to share?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Replacement rub rail material for '60 Seaswirl P14 11 years 4 months ago #78303

You might check with Wefco Rubber in Canoga Park California. They made original rub rail for a lot of vintage boats, still in business, and they're real good to work with. They made up new rail for my 58 Glasspar, and the cost was pretty reasonable. Their website has a few pages of cross section profiles of rub rails.
wefcorubber.com/extrusions_marine.asp

Re:Replacement rub rail material for '60 Seaswirl P14 11 years 4 months ago #78306

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome 6tring. If you don't find what you're looking for at Wefco, Taco Marine is another great supplier you might look at;
tacomarine.com/cat--Rub-Rail--rubrail.html

Mark

Re:Replacement rub rail material for '60 Seaswirl P14 11 years 3 months ago #78777

Wefco did mine, and did a beautiful job. I haven't installed it yet though since the boat isn't done. My boat has a fiberglass lip sticking out that the rub rail had to go over, so it was quite different than the rest. I designed my own rubrail design to accommodate a stainless steel strip insert and Wefco came through better than expected.

1958 Cutter Avon 17', '59 Johnson Fat Fifty, Yellow on Yellow, original Riverdale trailer
1990 Harris Sunliner 200SX pontoon, '90 Force 35, Blue on Blue, '98 Hoosier trailer
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online