Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help identifying this gadget I found on my boat!

Help identifying this gadget I found on my boat! 11 years 4 months ago #78162

Hello, this thing was attached to my splashwell...I'm sure one of you know what it is!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Help identifying this gadget I found on my boat! 11 years 4 months ago #78163

If it has 3 brass bolts it is a battery selector switch. (1 off 2 both)

If it only has 2 brass bolts then it is a battery disconnect switch

Looks like this one without the lock

www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=112462&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=50523&subdeptNum=50543&classNum=50547#.Uagn32fkqSo

CAVU

Re:Help identifying this gadget I found on my boat! 11 years 4 months ago #78201

thats it! It has the 3 brass bolts in the rear so I guess ill run 2 batteries now. Thanks!

Re:Help identifying this gadget I found on my boat! 11 years 4 months ago #78313

That switch looks pretty beat. Just me, but I'd opt for a new one... They're around $30-50.
Larry

Re:Help identifying this gadget I found on my boat! 11 years 4 months ago #78325

I think some of the newer model dual battery switches also have a shunt built in, so if you accidentally switch to off with the motor running you won't fry your charging system. I'd go for a new one.

Re:Help identifying this gadget I found on my boat! 11 years 4 months ago #78327

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Normspeed wrote:

I think some of the newer model dual battery switches also have a shunt built in, so if you accidentally switch to off with the motor running you won't fry your charging system. I'd go for a new one.

ON THE MONEY THERE! Toss that old PAS and buy new, as MUCH cheaper than frying the charging system.

Re:Help identifying this gadget I found on my boat! 11 years 4 months ago #78334

Thanks for telling me!knowing myself I would of fried the system. ...its in the trash and the new ones in the mail

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online