• Page:

TOPIC: Moving day, errr, week....

Moving day, errr, week.... 11 years 4 months ago #78089

• Andgott
  • Andgott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I've been scarce recently- Lots of changes here!

I started a new job a little over a year ago- partially because I had a new baby, and wanted to spend more time at home... I had about an hour commute, so we started kind of looking for a new house closer to work.

We 'stumbled' on a deal that we couldn't pass up, a nice place in the country on 3 acres about an hour or so north of where we used to live, and only 18 minutes from work. It was a foreclosure- Going up for auction online- so we bid on it. It was a ridiculously low bid, less than 1/3rd of the appraised value... We didn't think that there was any way we would win the auction. It closed without meeting the reserve, but we paid our deposit on it anyway- and a few days later, we had a contract in hand.

Well, our luck didn't stop there- We had our other house to sell still, so we listed it. Less than 48 hours later, we received a full price offer. Great- Except now I had to move all my 'stuff'!

As anyone who's been collecting (err, hoarding) glassics knows, the stuff seems to pile up. Boxes of hardware, parts, motors- and then of course the boats. 4 of my own, and a friends that I'm working on... Luckily, we only had about 50 miles to go with all of it!

It took several weeks- On weekends- to get it all there. The Glasspars (Citation and G-3), as well as the Lake N Sea, were on good enough trailers to move them, but the Custom Craft and Volksboat weren't. So, they had to go up on a utility trailer.... All the 'stuff' went up in three U-Haul truck loads... And, the '66 F-100 was trailered up as well. But its all done now!

The new place doesn't have a garage- that's the main drawback. But- That's coming this summer. I plan to build a pole barn, probably at least 30 x 40, to keep all the toys in, and as a workshop. It'll be NICE to finally have room for everything!

And, With any luck, I'll actually have TIME to get some work done on things now, too.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Moving day, errr, week.... 11 years 4 months ago #78090

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
When we frist got it-

We had the driveway regraded, and a boat parking area carved out of the hillside- They hav since been covered in gravel-

The boat parking area fits 4 NICELY (It's got a nice thick layer of gravel on it now)-

And, I've got a nice 12 x 20 shed to help store things until the garage/barn is built-

It's nice living out in the country, too. More cows than people as neighbors. Nobody to complain about too many 'junk' boats in the yard!

-Andrew

Re:Moving day, errr, week.... 11 years 4 months ago #78091

Looks like you got yourself a nice little spread there. Nice to have a little room to store stuff and be able to work on them without a bunch of pesky nieghbours trying to run your life. Have a great time with it. Skip.

Re:Moving day, errr, week.... 11 years 4 months ago #78102

Congratulations on all accounts !
Nice place, lots of boat room, lots of elbow room, quiet, and the new baby.
I had a new baby a few weeks ago.... and look what happened yesterday ?

Wouldn't load the pic... oh well ?
My daughter graduated from college a few weeks ago. We had the graduation party this past Saturday, so now it's time for projects.

Now I'm under the gun.... the kid is moving to Cleveland, and she's asking me for one of the boats. I hear there is a bit of water up there ?

Re:Moving day, errr, week.... 11 years 4 months ago #78146

Looks awesome Andrew. I'm jealous, I wish I had that much room for a 30x40!!!!!!!!!!! That's going to be a great shop/restoration/storage space.

Bob

Re:Moving day, errr, week.... 11 years 4 months ago #78322

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Yes- it is going to be nice to have SPACE. The parking areas are already getting filled-

There is room for a few more- But not much. I've also acquired a 'new' vehicle, an '85 Ford Bronco w/a 5.8l. The little Cherokee is only a 2wd, and a 5 speed, and not the best at towing, especially up my somewhat steep gravel drive. Besides, I've always wanted a full sized bronco, so this gave me an excuse :)

Once the shop is built, I plan to pick up a vintage tractor as well. I do, after all, live in the country :)

-Andrew
Attachments:

Re:Moving day, errr, week.... 11 years 4 months ago #78329

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
That's going to be too nice when you get it all situated Andrew, I'm proud for ya'. The new Bronco is great, you shouldn't have any trouble getting up the driveway (in ANY weather) in that! :)

Mark

Re:Moving day, errr, week.... 11 years 4 months ago #78331

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Congratulations on the new homestead! For the vintage tractor you can't go wrong with an Ford 8N.

Great to be on board.
Rick
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login