Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: trasom finally prepped for seacast.

trasom finally prepped for seacast. 11 years 4 months ago #78053

ok you all , i bought this several years ago, found this site and started to rebuild it. i did alot of research and decided to go with the seascast, the guy ( Bruce ) has been very helpful. i measured and bought the mix . i have gotten real serious about fixing the transom and have spent alot of time and money, but here i am ready to pour. my big problem now is finding someone i can get to give em about an hour and a half for two days straight in the morning . Cool weather is a must. pour the cut out and then come back and pour the wings. a helping hand is needed for the mixing when you mix the catalyst in the bucket. here a the two pictures i am allowed , i have more , of the transom ready for pour. thanks to all you here who have helped me get this far.

billy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: trasom finally prepped for seacast. 11 years 4 months ago #78057

hey billy looks like a good project. I am going to try to do the same thing so I'm excited to see how it goes for you.

Good luck with the project, hope its as easy as they say.

Jon

Re: trasom finally prepped for seacast. 11 years 4 months ago #78131

FWIW I don't think you have to get to the second pour right away.
I poured twice as well. It was 2 weeks apart between pours. I simply didn't have enough and had to order more for my wings.
Did you build or buy a funnel?

Re: trasom finally prepped for seacast. 11 years 4 months ago #78295

i built a through like they say use, i am going to get a milk jug to pour my ears or wings with i drill holes in the top and made sure my hole would accept a milk jug lip. i took these pictures before the through .. i grooved two ends and then set in to pieces of galvanized sheet metal. and then duc taped the bottom fits good.

i was instructed i could pour the next day i didn't know i could wait a few days for the second pour. my help is not available two days straight. i detail every step so i am going to send it back to seacast for their testimonials
Attachments:

Re: trasom finally prepped for seacast. 11 years 4 months ago #78376

Cool I am also thinking of the seacast for my 1962 Bell Boy ballerina. How much did you order to do your transom?

thanks
damen

Re:trasom finally prepped for seacast. 11 years 4 months ago #78417

This is a good, detailed description of a seacast transom build if you care to take a look. It has video's and lots of pics.
forums.iboats.com/boat-restoration-building-hull-repair/mfg-rebuild-getting-started-pics-523969-14.html

Re:trasom finally prepped for seacast. 11 years 4 months ago #78444

For the wings they told me to mix it a little thicker and trowel it in.
That is what I did and it worked.

Nice funnel, that should work. Do you have a giant mixer for your drill?

Re: trasom finally prepped for seacast. 11 years 4 months ago #78486

I ordered 12 gallons 2 5 gallon and 1 2 gallon buckets
seacast has a chart for ordering . you measure your transom with or without the cutouts a little math times how thick your opening is and then you buy 5 gallons 2 gallons or one gallon buckets. it comes with micro fibers from recycled boats and the hardener, and instructions ...... alot of people have made videos using it so you ca pull from alot of different places

again i'm taping the process so i can give seacast a testimonial

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online