Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: help. i am going to have alot of questions

help. i am going to have alot of questions 11 years 4 months ago #77582

ok i am repairing my inside and outside skins for my sea cast pour

i did a little fiberglassing , well tryed to do a little fiberglassing today. my cloth was too heavy i think for what i was trying to do. i wanted to fold it over and patch the top of the form. first batch hardened too quick wasted a good bit. second was better but didn't fold like i wanted. going to get a lighter cloth and try again. learning by trial and error. gonna look for videos of working with fiberglass ...????

?? any body got a lead on some good videos.??????/

billy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:help. i am going to have alot of questions 11 years 4 months ago #77602

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Jamestown Distributors and West Marine both have some pretty good video libraries on the subject Billy, and there's always plenty of stuff on You Tube of course. OleRed has some good info and pics in the Gary's Scimitar project pages, olered.com/GarysBoat.html .

I don't have any experience with seacast, but you're welcome to give me a call this weekend if I can be of any help with the 'glassing. ;)

Mark

Re:help. i am going to have alot of questions 11 years 4 months ago #77637

thanks mark i got the seacast thing down i think i just need a little help with the reinforcing of the inside and outside skins. i finally got a couple of pieces on to shore my transom so i can pour the seacast, but i wasted alot of resin in the process. i know now to mix small batches instead of large ones. i appreciate the help i may call on you when i get ready to do the floor. i found marine plywood at the Swanee lumber company , 3/8" sheets for 53.00 a sheet. I'll use that for the floor and something else for the cabin. i am getting the steering unit and controls from joe. not this weekend but the next weekend is the big show. pouring the transom.. thanks bud i am watching some videos on youtube. learning alot and the bible of fiberglass "the fiberglass boat repair manual" . haha

billy

Re:help. i am going to have alot of questions 11 years 4 months ago #77643

When you get ready to pour, it is a two person job for sure.
I did mine with Seacast. You won't regret it.
A homemade funnel of some sort will be of great value as well.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online