Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unusual Mother's Day Present?

Unusual Mother's Day Present? 11 years 4 months ago #77318

I went fishing in the Lake yesterday and ran across this driftwood. I looked it over and thought how much Mom would love it. But it was heavy and hard to handle in the middle of the lake. I left it and went fishing. It kept bugging me so I went back and found four geese standing on it. After I convinced them to abandon their perch I managed to get it into the boat. Mom Loves her Mother's Day present. I didn't measure it yet but it is nice and big. Not to mention heavy.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Unusual Mother's Day Present? 11 years 4 months ago #77323

Rob, that would look super in my aquqrium. A piece that size cost over 200.00 in north jersey.

Re:Unusual Mother's Day Present? 11 years 4 months ago #77352

That is one gorgeous piece of Mother Nature!

Re:Unusual Mother's Day Present? 11 years 4 months ago #77357

As a former woodworker of 42 years, that's a nice score. If you could find a wood shop nearby that has a flitch maker, You could make some exquisite furniture. Maybe do some inlays on a boat!

Re:Unusual Mother's Day Present? 11 years 4 months ago #77371

Where I found this always has old wood coming into the lake after rain. The watershed is practically all wooded. I have several real nice chunks but this is the largest I brought home. I'm not sure if your even supposed to bring it out of the lake being that it is federally owned. Even if they saw me I really don't think they would say anything since I'm one of the few people who clean up any litter around, and will bring tires and stuff off the lake and leave at the launch. I inform them when I do that it was stuff found in the water. It seems to help talking to the Rangers when you run into them. They come down to the launch several times a day. If there is interest maybe a photo gallery for found objects would be entertaining.
Anyway that large piece has old house borers holes all through it too. It's been sitting on the bank somewhere a very long time being washed by the water.
Well as you can see it is over 8 ft long. Mom wants to make her display bigger now.
I still have my Mom and I have her near. Thank God.

Re:Unusual Mother's Day Present? 11 years 4 months ago #77375

• StevieB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Besides a Mother's Day Present, it was a present to all boaters on your lake. A piece like that is better on the shore than floating in the water. I sure wouldn't like to hydro over that! Thanks for going back and making it a present, from all of us boaters.

Also, you are right, a listing of pictures of items found floating in a lake or river would be an interesting read.

Regards,
StevieB

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online