TOPIC: Wizard Correction :O

Wizard Correction :O 11 years 5 months ago #76798

• Chance
  • Chance's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Howdy Ya'll
Well in my down time (which is very sparse) I have come to a new conclusion!!! I am the owner or a "Wizard" 60 hp engine made my Scott. This whole thing is still kind of blurry to me but why is it that I can reference parts for my "Wizard" by looking up the parts for McCulloch? Is this a similar ownership to Pontiac and GM? Pontiac being Wizard is owned by GM which is McCulloch? Anyways I'm still scooting along on it getting her ready to run!!! But one thing that I have been worried about is the water pump. Where is the water pump on my motor? And also the "bilge" pump? Is the bilge pump the hose that has a metal screen on the end of it? Will it hurt my bilge pump to be dry if I (Lord Bless Me) have no water in my boat? Just lots of Newbie questions hope ya'll are havin fun with your toys :D thanks for any help!! I'll post pics tomorrow night when I get in from workin on it.
Sincerely Chance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Wizard Correction :O 11 years 5 months ago #76799

First Pontiac was owned by GM however Pontiac had their own plants and very few parts were shared chevy or other cars on the GM line

After Mercury stop making Wizard; Scott started making them. They were made at the same plant and just a dif paint and cowling were used. For parts get it touch with the ScottGuy (AKA as Don Webb)

You may have to copy and paste this
web.a-znet.com/~scottguy/

The bilge pump was a "to make a sell" item on the older motors for it was above the water line and soon smoked. Later they put the below the water line (on most boats) and there is a small hold between the two pumps as to keep the bilge impeller wet.

Most do not replace the bilge impeller and just replace the cooling pump impeller

Pull the LU and they are on top. two lines . one for cooling and one for bilge run up to the top.Remember where each goes

You can order a new impeller/s from the FlyingScott guy. He will need your old for he reuses the metal parts

You may have to copy and paste here also
home.earthlink.net/~flyingscott/

CAVU

Re:Wizard Correction :O 11 years 5 months ago #76801

"Wizard" brand outboard motors were sold by Western Auto stores. It was their brand. They had the motors made by other firms for them.

It was similar to "Elgin" outboard motors being made for and sold by Sears. Or "Sea King" outboard motors made for and sold by Montgomery Wards.

Andreas

Re:Wizard Correction :O 11 years 5 months ago #76803

Ditto on the Scott Guy. He can set you up.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online