Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Free vintage Teleflex

Free vintage Teleflex 11 years 5 months ago #76593

• Don D.
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have an old Teleflex steering system (pipe style) if anyone is interested. I'll give it to anyone that wants it if they pay shipping costs. The cable is fine, but it seems really tight and I'm not sure why. It would be good for parts and could possibly be fixed and used. This is the original steering cable from the 1975 Cacci Craft and is approximately 13' long. Steering wheel included. I'll send pics if anyone wants it.

Regards, Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Free vintage Teleflex 11 years 5 months ago #76596

Boy I'd sure like to give that a try. I ran into a real snag with my budget this month. If you can see what it run to get it to 16201 I'd be happy to pay it. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Free vintage Teleflex 11 years 5 months ago #76605

If Robert doesn't want it I'll take it. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Free vintage Teleflex 11 years 5 months ago #76623

Whichever one doesn't get Don's, I have the same thing. It is stiff but in working condition. It needs a cable. I should have the wheel around somewhere, but can't put my hand on it right now. It came out of my 59 Glastron, but I am putting a different system in it. Same deal as Don's; pay the shipping and it is yours.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Free vintage Teleflex 11 years 5 months ago #77040

I'm very happy to have this system here and Thank You. It is a Det-Mar 500 system that was bought out by Tele-flex. They came in a round and flat rack and pinion systems. Parts are available but pricey and expensive what I can see. I'm in the process of lubrication and cleaning the system. So far I took it apart, cleaned it as far as I could. The cable cannot be taken from the inside of the unit so it is soaking in a barrel of used motor oil as I type. I'll check it tomorrow. The cable can be taken off the rack but it is sealed inside the flexible shield. It is loosening up nicely so far. It turns easily about 2 full turns of it's 3 and 3/4 turns lock to lock. I think it is going to very usable.
Attachments:

Re:Free vintage Teleflex 11 years 5 months ago #77142

• Don D.
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Robert, That is great that it is loosening up. I hope it pans out and gives you great service. I'm still working on my Suzuki DT50. It runs great, but will not run past 2500 RPM's. Not sure what is going on. I thought it was a prop issue, but after trying several props, I now think it is a stuck "rev limiter" or something else. I have zero experience with Suzuki's, so its the process of elimination.

Good luck, Don

Re:Free vintage Teleflex 11 years 5 months ago #77148

I still have it soaking. I have issues with not getting my boat out to fish so tomorrow morning weather willing I'm going fishing. I have never went so long in the year without getting the boat wet. ERRRR. Life will continue afterwards.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online