• Page:

TOPIC: Wiring

Wiring 11 years 5 months ago #76447

• joenawlins
  • joenawlins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey ya'll, been gone awhile but ready to get back to finish my invader. As a general rule what guage wires do i use for inst. and lights?? Is there a wiring dia for dummies on here somewhere? Thx, Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Wiring 11 years 5 months ago #76449

joenawlins,

If it was me, I wouldn't go below #12 stranded COPPER wire for instruments & lights.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Wiring 11 years 5 months ago #76458

i think i can add to this topic i remember asking the same question a few years back and someone put a general format list to wiring boats there is a marine wire with properties for use around water
and couplers and switches and such also it gave the wire size
for certain items specific to boats. starters lights pumps fans
i think i might be able to search for ( wiring diagram ) and might be able to find it. i printed and saved it somewhere so it sould still be out there.

billy

Re:Wiring 11 years 5 months ago #76468

This is some thing I am about to tackle myself and I was also wondering if there was a wiring diagram for dummies? I was also wondering what kind of fuse panel you guys have been using? I'm not to wild about using inline fuses.

Re:Wiring 11 years 5 months ago #76472

Going to Home Depot or an other hardware store and buying stranded wire is not the right stuff for a boat. The strands in boat wiring are much finer and it is best if you buy tinted wire

Jamestown and West Marine sells the right wire along many other Cos

www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/WestAdvisorView?langId=-1&storeId=11151&catalogId=10001&page=Marine-Wire#.UWzy4GcmaSo

www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/WestAdvisorView?langId=-1&storeId=11151&catalogId=10001&page=Marine-Wire-Terminal-Tech-Specs#.UWz2J2cmaSo

CAVU

Re:Wiring 11 years 5 months ago #76475

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I found a great source for marine grade wire and terminals, highly recommend them for anyone who doesn't have a source locally. They offer tinned wire run in pairs, with a protective sheath around them. They're a good bit less expensive than the normal outlets, and shipping is free.
stores.ebay.com/genuinedealz

If memory serves me, I ran a 6 ga. pair (ground and power) from the battery up to the fuse panel behind the dash, and 14 ga from the panel to the different accessories. There are some pics of the installation in my project thread, click the link in my signature and look toward the end of the thread.

PS - the only power I pulled out of the control box was for the overheat warning light and buzzer.

HTH

Mark

Re:Wiring 11 years 5 months ago #76478

• joenawlins
  • joenawlins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Thx all, That ebay site is a good one for everything I need...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online