Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: market for an outboard

market for an outboard 11 years 5 months ago #76343

ok I am ready to buy my outboard . i have several options off Craigslist but never buying one i want to get it right. my transom is rated for a 120 hp. i would like to have a 100hp 115hp something close to it. there are several on the boats i can buy the whole setup and then try to sell what i don't use. i can get the controls boxes and everything . i don't mind buying from one of the members , just not too far away. I want something reliable but if i buy something i might like to get it rebuilt . so please i want advise on this.... i could go to a shop and ask the mechanic to go with me to check some out and just pay him for his time.

if any of the members have something let me know. i want to get it so i can plan the wiring setup and space i need .

thanks my number is 770-964-5397
billy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:market for an outboard 11 years 5 months ago #76346

Take a mechanic, will save you in long run

Re:market for an outboard 11 years 5 months ago #76349

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Where are you located Billy? There may be one of us close enough to help you out with sourcing a motor or checking something you might find without having to pay a mechanic to do it.

Many times you CAN get a much better deal on a motor and all needed controls, etc. by buying a complete package and disposing of what you don't need! (Still need to get it checked out before making the purchase, of course.)

Mark

Re:market for an outboard 11 years 5 months ago #76456

i am in georgia fairburn south of atlanta but the package i am looking at is in Chattanooga tn yeah i am looking to buy a boat with everything then reselling the boat with someone looking that has a motor if i can sell the boat less motor and recoop some of my money i would be happy. on the boat i could hear it running.
i dont mind paying for a little experience if it will save me in the long run. anyone close it would be appreciated.

thanks billy
Attachments:

Re:market for an outboard 11 years 5 months ago #76457

i am in georgia fairburn south of atlanta but the package i am looking at is in Chattanooga tn yeah i am looking to buy a boat with everything then reselling the boat with someone looking that has a motor if i can sell the boat less motor and recoop some of my money i would be happy. on the boat i could hear it running.
i dont mind paying for a little experience if it will save me in the long run. anyone close it would be appreciated.

thanks billy
Attachments:

Re:market for an outboard 11 years 5 months ago #76477

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Members Split and Andgott are in the Chattanooga area, and I'm not far from you in Jackson, GA. (Email sent) ;)

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle