Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thanks members...the Tower Of Power is alive

Thanks members...the Tower Of Power is alive 11 years 5 months ago #76217

Thanks to the help I received from the board members here, I reached my first milestone on the '64 Hydro Swift revive. She hasn't been ran in over 25 years.

Had some water pump drama that was cleared up with some help from members here. Then I read a thread about a deteriorating engine harness, and that inspired me to check mine out and I'm glad I did because I saw it was totally wasted after removing the covering. Ended up pulling it out and rewiring the whole thing.

Several days of fogging the cylinders, cleaned up the carbs, complete new water pump, gear oil change, rebuilt engine harness and that thing fired right up after sitting for 25 years and idled beautifully! Lower unit seems to work fine too. Can't wait to get it into the water to see if it's really ok. I'll do a compression test and a check for inside leaks after her first run.

So step 1 is in the books! Thanks guys

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Thanks members...the Tower Of Power is alive 11 years 5 months ago #76220

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Kudos to you Mark for rolling up your sleeves and bringing another one of the ole girls back to life. There's nothing quite like hearing one of Merc's stacks fire off for the first time, it's a rush like no drug or drink could ever give you. I can't imagine what guys like us did before the internet though, without the help of the great folks sharing their knowledge with us! Sure makes it more "doable", no doubt. Now you've got renewed incentive to get the old girl back in the water where she belongs. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle