Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Windshield edge trim

Windshield edge trim 11 years 6 months ago #75927

• randyr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I tried and failed to form a piece of 1/4 in aluminum U channel to fit the top of a Taylor Made windsheild. The windshield I am working with is a 1/4 in. 58 model on a Lund aluminum boat. I annealed the channel, made a form and tried to bend it. I had two problems.

1) The channel got wavy on the inside of the curve.
2) I was not able to get the curve exactly correct. With a 1/4 in windshield and 1/4 inch u channel, there is no room for error.

Plan "B" is to find a flexible U channel. Maybe vinyl, plastic or rubber? The original trim piece was chromed plastic. Any tips for a source?

Thank you,

Randy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Windshield edge trim 11 years 6 months ago #75932

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
You might try www.mcmaster.com/# Randy, it's amazing the amount of different stuff that place carries. Also, if you can't find it in their catalog, you can call them and speak with someone on the phone. They do have other items not listed on the website.

Mark

Re: Windshield edge trim 11 years 6 months ago #76094

A few years ago I found a chrome molding for the top edge of the windshield on my 1958 Shell Lake Rocket runabout. The windshield is plexiglass, 0.2” thick. A company called Trim-Loc, Inc. makes a molding that fits perfectly and looks very nice. It is their part number EGC7/16. It comes with hot melt adhesive already in it.

I found it at Austin Hardware (1-800-527-5640) for 57 cents a foot. They have warehouses all over the country, and will ship to you. There are probably other sources as well. I think Allegis Corp. In Tukwila, WA (1-866-378-7550) also stocks it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online