Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: '66 Silver-Line, '66 trailer & '66 Starflite 80???

'66 Silver-Line, '66 trailer & '66 Starflite 80??? 11 years 6 months ago #75892

Hi Friends,

Any SILVER-LINE experts here?
(I've never even SEEN one until today. - MN-built rig in TX???)

As the forum's "cheapskate", I couldn't resist it, as it's all in one piece, all 1966 and "not messed about with".

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:'66 Silver-Line, '66 trailer & '66 Starflite 80??? 11 years 6 months ago #75898

Not an expert but I know a wee bit about Silverline.

They were a local Moorhead, MN community development start up in 1959. First boats were 1960 models. The original corporate name was "Moorhead Plastics" with "Silverline" as their boat brand name. Eventually changed corporate name to Silverline. They added boat trailers to their line (they actually manufactured them) and snowmobiles. The snowmobiles were an utter distaster. Purchased by Arctic Enterprises (maker of Arctic Cat snowmobiles). They eventually got gobbled by by Irwin "Irv the Liquidator" Jacobs.

I think it was 1980 that the boat plant at Moorhead was closed for good. Silverline boats continued to be manufactured for a few years at one of the other Irwin Jacobs owned boat plants. Probably at Little Falls, MN.

Ask specific questions.

Andreas

Re:'66 Silver-Line, '66 trailer & '66 Starflite 80??? 11 years 6 months ago #75905

thompsonboat,

THANKS for answering. - I know so little about this boat that I'm not sure what to ask, except is SILVER-LINE considered "collectable" or rare today?

At this juncture, I'm tempted to do a "general clean-up", clean the carbs on the Starflite 80 and put a cheap coat of paint on the deck & "go fishing", rather than mess-up any of my nice rigs "out on the salt".

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:'66 Silver-Line, '66 trailer & '66 Starflite 80??? 11 years 6 months ago #75908

Fairly plain Jane boats as far as I know. Nothing special in my opinion. Probably no more collectabible than a Larson or Thompson or whatever from that time priod.

I think there are some brochures in the Glassic Library.

Andreas

Re:'66 Silver-Line, '66 trailer & '66 Starflite 80??? 11 years 6 months ago #75911

Thompsonboat,

I finally got in to SEE & MEASURE it. -It's a BIG, DEEP, WIDE & HIGH-sided 17 foot runabout, that needs a new set of seats, a paintjob & a new FLOOR/STRINGERS. - It is called a DART SEVENTEEN.

Something tells me that I'll buy the boat, SELL the OB motor, get a later model 4-cycle motor, "clean & fix it up" & convert it to a fulltime fishing rig.= This rig screams: SALTWATER FISHING MACHINE.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:'66 Silver-Line, '66 trailer & '66 Starflite 80??? 11 years 6 months ago #75956

TO ALL,

IF anybody, who is a member of our "family" wants a complete (and running fine when it was stored) 1966 Evinrude Starflite VIII 80HP OB motor with 2 Evinrude tanks & the controls, let me know by email.
(I'm NOT looking to make a fat profit off one of "our crowd".)

IF nobody here wants the engine within a week, I'll sell it elsewhere.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:'66 Silver-Line, '66 trailer & '66 Starflite 80??? 11 years 6 months ago #76201

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Was wondering if you have sold your evinrude yet? jim

Re:'66 Silver-Line, '66 trailer & '66 Starflite 80??? 11 years 5 months ago #76207

Jim L,

Check your mail.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle