• Page:

TOPIC: New boat mover and new cushions

New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75283

• Waterwings
  • Waterwings's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 100
Well I finally got the cushions done. No I didn't do them I had them done. Just don't have the room for a sewing machine to do them myself. They weren't cheap but they did come out nice I think.

Here's a few pics of the new hitch on the tractor. My first welding job, not too bad.
Those are my shoe prints from me standing on it to make sure the weight wouldn't lift the back end.

Now the only problem is there isn't enough weight on the back end. I can pull the trailer out of the shed but it doesn't want to go back in. The tractor has the power but the wheel keep spinning about half way up the ramp. I guess I'm going to have to see if I can find any back wheel weights and I think it may do the trick. thought about trying to make some but not sure what to use. I want to use wheel weights, vice just putting some weight on the back, so it doesn't affect the transmission.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75286

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Bob, you can put liquid ballast in your rear tires.That would help.jim

Re:New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75292

the cushions look great bob,and for your 1st time welding im impressed.
as for the front hitch doesnt it steer alot better than tuning around to back it up,i know mine did,now just put a little meat on your bones and your good to go,lol.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75293

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
The seat cushions look great Bob, and the hitch turned out pretty nice as well! I do remember the farmers in the area where I grew up using the trick Jim suggested, not sure if they used water or some other liquid, but it really made a difference for those who couldn't afford the "store bought" wheel weights for their tractors. ;)

Mark

Re:New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75296

mark,i think they used calsium,but im not sure,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75299

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I have used a water/antifreeze mix for my tractor.Calcium chloride is heavier,but VERY corrosive.Ruined a many a wheel. The seats turned out great!! All a first class job.jim

Re:New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75305

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Bob, seats look great, a perfect fit. As for the welding...looks better than my attempts, that's why I have a Milwaukee grinder :-)

Re:New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75326

• Waterwings
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks guys. I think I'll try the liquid ballast trick. My only concern is that I have a tube in the left rear tire, can I still do this? If so how do you really do it?

Jim, how did you do yours?

Bob

Re:New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75331

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Having an inner tube won't affect it. I used a pump up sprayer with an old cut off(5 ft) garden hose with the male end still on it and an adapter that fits the valve stem and the water hose male end with an air bleeder on it.
What size are your rear tires,Bob?

Re:New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75333

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
You have to leave them on the mower and let all the air out of the tire first. Then add a 1/2 gallon antifreeze per tire (if your tires are the size I think they are)with the rest water or you could just buy 50/50. Just depends on how cold it gets where you live.Pump it up with the hose kinked and attached to the tire with the valve stem in the upper most position. after you get it pumped up let out on the kink. You should hear fluid going in the tire. When it stops, kink your hose and press the bleeder to let out the air in the tire to make more room for some fluid.Some fluid will also come out. Repeat until it's 3/4 full. Anymore and it will ride like a rock. Hope I made sense lol.

Re:New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75339

• Waterwings
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks Jim. I'm assuming I can get that hose/valve adapter from the tractor supply store? I think the rear tires are 10"x20" off the top of my head.

Bob

Re:New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75341

bob,just a thought here,if you have pets you might want to use RV antifreeze,its not poisionus,just in case you spill some or your tire ever leaks.john

---Mark Twain

Re:New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75346

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Waterwings wrote:

Thanks Jim. I'm assuming I can get that hose/valve adapter from the tractor supply store? I think the rear tires are 10"x20" off the top of my head.

Bob

You should be able to,Bob. I've had this one for many years. It was one my Dad had. One thing about it,your mower won't spin the wheels as easy as it did and be good for mowing hillsides.Good luck,jim

Re:New boat mover and new cushions 11 years 6 months ago #75350

• Waterwings
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
John,
Thanks good idea, I'll do that, also sorry missed your comment about pushing vice pulling. I think it will be good if I can ever fully push the boat backwards, tires started slipping before I could even get the boat half way up the shed ramp! From what I did accomplish I think it will be much better, especially moving the Clipper back and forth beside the shed while the Century is getting restored in the shed.

Jim, thanks again. They just opened a new Tractor supply store here so I'll have to go by and check. If not I think I can check the local hardware store that's been here a while, they have lots of old hard to find stuff.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online