• Page:

TOPIC: Chris Craft XK22 Update #8

Chris Craft XK22 Update #8 11 years 6 months ago #75184

• JAG
  • JAG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Things have gone along very well since my last tour of the Chris Craft XK 22 project. All of the repair work is complete, it took a month a sanding every day to get that old cracked gel coat off the deck but after that was completed the actual repair went very well and was totally completed in a months time, I finished today 3 10 13. Actually I am very impressed with the over all condition of the sub strait of this boat and was really surprised especially after how really poor the condition of the gel coat I had to remove was. Back in 1973 when this old girl was built they did not have the conditioners and UV inhibitors built into the gel coat product, it just couldn’t take the sun like the fine new gel coat product that is being put on the new boats being built today hence that deteriation if the boat was not protected from the sun took its toll on the finish. I’m going to apply at least three maybe four coats of “Duratech” high build primer sanding out each coat to a nice smooth finish and then shoot the boat with Imron, the Duratech will provide a super surface to lay that nice Imron on and so hopefully the final finish will be smooth and have a shine you can shave in. Its really getting exciting now and I can’t wait to start putting her back together and taking that first spin! And yes, that maroon stripe down the center of the deck is going to be changed to a very light off white to match the interior.
JAG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Chris Craft XK22 Update #8 11 years 6 months ago #75189

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for the progress report JAG, I've been wondering how your project was coming along. IMHO that's one of the hardest parts of the task to keep the motivation going. The seemingly endless hours spent here make all the difference in how well the finish looks. Can't wait to see how this turns out! ;)

Mark

Re:Chris Craft XK22 Update #8 11 years 6 months ago #75199

jag,after seeing the lida rose in person,i have no doubt it will be absolutly stunning,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Chris Craft XK22 Update #8 11 years 6 months ago #75201

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
You have it coming the right way now,,you can clean your garage and do the fun stuff now,,I might have to come up and run with ya,,see ya Bill

Re:Chris Craft XK22 Update #8 11 years 6 months ago #75204

• JAG
  • JAG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Bill, It wouild be great to have your visit, looking forward to it. JAG

Re:Chris Craft XK22 Update #8 11 years 6 months ago #75220

Excellent, can't wait to see her done either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online