• Page:

TOPIC: getting rid of my project boats

getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74784

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
i cant work on my boats anymore,due to shoulder problems,and cant afford it anyway,so i have to get rid of them,the best is a 1962 devil ray,but it needs a floor and transom,i have a great running 1962 merc 400,45 hp for it,it just needs a paint job,i can be reached at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 724-465-2581,thanks john ps that is a tee nee trailer
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74786

Does this mean your shoulder will not improve. Man I hate to hear that.
:ohmy:

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74788

Really sorry to hear that John
wish you were closer to here... I'd clean you out and make you supervise my resto process.

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74791

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
robert it looks that way,i was supposed to have the other shoulder done next month,but this right shoulder is giving me a whole lot of trouble,even more than before surgery.
the other reason though is the money would come in real handy right now.

mopar thanks i wish you were closer too,i would love to help anybody when they need it.just ask,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74792

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
also have an aqua loop if interested,and a glaspar lido,its bad though,in need of a floor and transom.john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74796

John,
So very sorry to hear about your shoulder. I was really hoping it would be back to normal so you could stay busy on the Devil Ray, always thought that boat was way cool. Hang in there buddy!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74799

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks bob,its not just the shoulders,its also a money thing,im hoping things get better soon,things will work out in the end.
as far as the devil ray i love that boat and the guys that helped me get it,thanks to them,john,oh by the way ed is going to sell the custom craft sunray too,named "way back when"john

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74821

John, sorry to hear about the shoulder, I wish I knew you better a few years back, I have driven within 20 mi of you for 10 years to see my daughter. 15+ times a year I went to central PA. Ebinsburg-Carrolltown. so that being said.....I would love to see some detailed pics of the devilray......I just may have to make that trip 1 more time.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
besides that my aquaray needs a buddy.

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74823

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Oh man John, what the heck is going on here? You will be in my prayers that things get better and you heal.
You do what you have to do. The boats will be going to good people who will care for them and you will have ways of keeping in touch with the new owners even with one finger typing.
Cal
Keep those jokes comin'

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74825

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ponyboy yeah my uncle lives near carrolltown,we are going to ebensburg tommorrow,i will get pics for you as soon as possible,like cal says i want it to go to someone that would love it like i would.

lol cal i can always count on you for a laugh buddy,just done with boats going to do more camping.john

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74828

wow, i'm bummed...didn't see that coming. losing 2 great boating buddy's. the meets won't be the same without the 4 of you. ron

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74829

I am a newbie here but have read alot of what you have posted John, thanks for sharing your knowlege to date and them joints won't keep your from being here.

Hope you find some comfort and relief!

I have a few projects planned and I hurt alot and question my physical ability at the young age of 52.

My best wishes to you!

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74831

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ron,yep we are going to miss you guys too,but you know where we live,lol.

poofdirt thank you for such a great compliment,im 51 now which is young to me anyhow,lol.
im sure i will keep up with fg though,this place is like home after all these years and the folks here are like family,including you,john

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74833

John,

Too bad about the shoulder and sorry to see you get out of the sport. I was looking forward to seeing what your artistry was going to do with the Devil Ray. That with the Merc 400 and the Tee Nee will be a sweet combination.

The 3700+ posts and the 302 karma points testifies what you mean to this place. You had better stick around.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #74834

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks todd that means alot to me,we want to get a differnt camper,used of course financed we hope,lol and do some camping,with our families,her mom and dad. and ed and mom are looking for a camper,more family time.
with the boats we only can afford one boat show a year,they are so far away,besides we wanted to see how the sunray "way back when" could do at shows and 3 wins at 3 shows is good enough for us,lol.
the only painting and body work im going to do is finish your cowling and the pedal firetruck for charity ,and the tiny tot stroller ed bought.

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #75062

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
well i lowered the price on my devil ray to 600 bucks,and our finances have improved,in fact we traded in our old camper on a used 2007 31 foot jayco,like i said we want to spend more time with our families camping.
here is a video of a camper just like the one we bought,it isnt ours but one like it,sorry for the nbr here,but we are excited,john

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #75066

You'll just have to bring that to the meets so we have a place to stay. Bargain price on the Devil Ray

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #75067

thetudor wrote:

You'll just have to bring that to the meets so we have a place to stay. Bargain price on the Devil Ray

;
yep...the glassic crowd meeting place. i already have a 6' banner.

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #75069

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
im hoping to go to at least one meet,and bring the camper,it sleeps 6 so your welcome to stay in it.
it would be fun,john

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #75074

600 for that cool Devil Ray!!!?? My Wife is sooo happy you are in the Far away Indiana!!!LOL. Bring it to Mt Dora free parking at my shop. Dave

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #75077

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
lol,dave,im in indiana,pennsylvania,a small collage town,jimmy stewart was born and grew up here.
yeah 600 bucks i had it given to me,thanks to tudor(todd),from the fellow that runs the mystic seaport museam in ct,then frank alguire and tim calmes got it to ny where i picked it and the motor up.
all great guys and i thank them very much.
thats what is great about fiberglassics,its like a great family.john

by the way i picked the camper up today,and its alot bigger than i thought,lol.

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #75085

Well John if you can't sell that old pickle fork boat I know someone who will give it a good home. :woohoo: Good thing you have a truck big enough to haul that new house. I'm parting out my old F-150. Not the whole truck mind you. I'm going to put my 62 F-100 body on the frame and use the newer fuel injected powerplant and wiring. I have a couple years job there.
Attachments:

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #75088

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yep robert you ,you would give it a good home,but i already have 2 fellas interested in it now,i think one is ready to buy it,nice truck when you get it finished,john

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #75089

I'm sure it will sell John. I know it will sell.

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #75090

If I wasn't so focused on getting my hot rod back on the road John, I got cash right now. But I hate having my hot rod sitting around unregistered. Gonna take a couple grand to get her back on the road and I am saving my thin wages as we speak!

Best of luck to ya.

Frank

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #75091

john-gibson wrote:

i cant work on my boats anymore,due to shoulder problems,and cant afford it anyway,so i have to get rid of them,the best is a 1962 devil ray,but it needs a floor and transom,i have a great running 1962 merc 400,45 hp for it,it just needs a paint job,i can be reached at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 724-465-2581,thanks john ps that is a tee nee trailer

'
john, i had just finished my 2 yrs. with the us army and was driving on one of our local hyway's when this boat caught my eye. it was sitting there behind a huge plate glass window in a boat dealers showroom. i pretty much came to a dead stop in the fast lane so i could pull over into the parking lot. i parked right in front of that big window and just looked at that boat for about 15 minutes. i was in awe. i'd never seen such a beautiful boat in my life. the square nose looked like the front of a fancy car to me. i went inside and looked her over for another half hour the price on the windshield said $695. being just discharged from the army i had no cash yet, and no job. i had to ask the salesman if he would hold it for me till the weekend. to my amazement he said yes and didn't ask for a deposit. boy was i a happy guy. now to go home and work on my dad. it wasn't very hard to convince him to loan me the money. he was still very proud of his son being honorably discharged. i picked up the boat that weekend, backed her into the driveway and sat inside and around her all weekend. nothing could of made me happier at this time in my life. i kept her for 5 yrs.and then sold her . i don't remember to who or how much. i went through a stretch of 40 yrs. before i bought the mantaray but the devilray is what i was lookin for and when you said you were getting a devilray i was lookin forward to the day that the two rays would ride side by side. if i was younger i would take it off your hands and restore her back to new and probably sell the mantaray. ron
Attachments:

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 7 months ago #75102

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks robert thanks frank,i think its sold there are 3 fellas interested in it but one guy is asking when he can pick it up,so im pretty sure its sold.
ron i wish you could too buddy,john

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 6 months ago #75106

Sorry about your shoulder John, but happy for you about your camper. I'm praying for you!

Blest boater

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 6 months ago #75117

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you gary,i appreciate that,and we are excited to try it out,close to home 1st as a shake down trip.john

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 6 months ago #75139

Hi John,
I know the feeling. I'm 62. I have too many boats too!
We had a 5th wheel. Sold it last fall and bought a motor home which will work better for us!
Good thing. Pull a boat or a little car.
Attachments:

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 6 months ago #75150

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
dave thats a great motor home,what a beauty.here is a pic of ours its alot bigger than i remembered it before i bought,lol.it cut my gas mileage from 11.6 mpg to 6.2 mpg.i might be camping in the driveway.john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 6 months ago #75163

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
If that Ford motorhome has the 460 in it you will be getting 8 - 8.5 mpg. Full or empty, pulling a car or boat it's all the same. I have the 460 EFI in my 26' Tioga, pulling my heavy woodie and mileage is always the same. You won't even know you have a trailer with so much torque.

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 6 months ago #75171

We've got a few camper horror stories we could regale you with, but I'm hoping you will have no similar experiences!

Blest boater

Re:getting rid of my project boats 11 years 6 months ago #75198

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks gary,i hope not too,lol,also there are more pics in nbr section.john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle