Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I need help figuring out what year my boat is

I need help figuring out what year my boat is 11 years 7 months ago #74637

Hey everyone i am new to this site. I have a problem? on my boat registration it says my boat is a 1974 Rally. I have looked and looked online to find a 1974 rally and i cant find any anywhere. there was only one that was even a little similar to mine. and it was a 1979, but was still not the same. i have tried to look up what my boat is worth on different boat sites and everyone i get on says they only made rally boats in 1979, 1980, 1981 so i am confused about what year my boat is.i would really be thankful if someone could help me out. THANKS i have more pictures too if need be
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:I need help figuring out what year my boat is 11 years 7 months ago #74640

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
By the pics you posted looks like the Serial number is stamped in the left top rear corner of the transom. If that is the serial number the last to digets designate the model year. However, with that being said the serial number is normally stamped in the top right hand corner of the transom on boat of the vintage of yours.from the design of your boat it looks to be of the early 1980's to me.
JAG

Re:I need help figuring out what year my boat is 11 years 7 months ago #74642

Jag is correct about the two digits...wether they are the last two or not sometimes varies but any two that "make sense" ie... 77 79 80 would be it. You could probably narrow it down with engine block and head serial numbers but these would be a ruff time frame due to the fact early engines can and are used in later models same with outdrives. Also visually look behind the wheel and gauges for the manufacture tag. I think I sense 70's welcome and good luck
Kurt

Re:I need help figuring out what year my boat is 11 years 7 months ago #74643

In what year did they start using Hull Identification Numbers? I am thinking it was around 1972..?

Re:I need help figuring out what year my boat is 11 years 7 months ago #74644

www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1979/Rally-Mirro-Marine

Not sure if this is any help. Only shows Rally/Mirro for a few years.

Give me the numbers off of the exhaust manifolds or any other non engine numbers. I love a challenge like this one...

Re:I need help figuring out what year my boat is 11 years 7 months ago #74647

hey guys thanks for the info i will look soon as it stops raining here. i really appreciate the help. if the number and stuff dont tell me i will get the numbers and stuff off the block and go from there.

Re:I need help figuring out what year my boat is 11 years 7 months ago #74651

November 1972 was when the US Coast Guard Manufacturers Identification Code (MIC) was instituted. There are two articles about how to decipher the code in the Glassic Library here.

If this boat was built after November 1972 the hull ID (MIC) should be in the upper right hand area of the transom on the outside of the boat. The first three letters are a code for the manufacturer. The last three or four characters are code for the month and year she was built.

Cruisers of Oconto, WI used the "Rally" name for their "sport boats" for a few years in the 1970s and maybe into the 1980s. This was when they were a part of Mirro Marine.

Andreas

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online